Home

TheSinner.net

selling books

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

selling books

Postby books on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:18 pm

does anyone know if the shop that used to buy old textbooks from you is still open and still offering that service??
books

Re:

Postby Gealle on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Quarto shut down some time ago... The bouquiniste might still be open for business?

Quoting books from 15:35, 22nd Apr 2008
does anyone know if the shop that used to buy old textbooks from you is still open and still offering that service??

[hr]

So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:08 pm

If you mean Quarto on Golf Place, no, it's closed. I don't think Bouquiniste on Market Street deals in textbooks, so your remaining options are Blackwells, Amazon or one of the multitudinous student book dealing websites which you can find on Google.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby juljanka on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 pm

or you can wait until the next semester to sell your books on the uni's sale!
juljanka

Re:

Postby The Penguin Of Death! on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:26 pm

How much do Blackwells pay for textbooks? (Say, for example, a textbook in nearly new condition that originally cost £40)
The Penguin Of Death!

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Fuck all. £10 maybe. They are not generous.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.thismanwillkillyou.com/avatars/tb3-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
-Welcome to The Sinner. Sorry about your thin skin.
Duggeh

Return to The Sinner's Main Board