Home

TheSinner.net

David Russel Apartments

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

David Russell Apartments

Postby dunx on Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:30 pm

Does anyone know if the David Russell Apartments will have their own committee or will they share a committee with the existing David Russell Hall?
dunx

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:43 pm

That presumably depends on a number of things, such as the closeness of affliation between the two entities. Both would seem reasonable.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Mandy on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:08 am

I bet THEY'LL get somewhere to store their bloody stuff in the summer..........
Mandy

Re:

Postby Wong on Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:28 am

The number of people I know in real life on the Sinner keeps increasing...

[hr]And I see the lies and I hear the cries
And the marching of the people
As they go to war, Heaven knows what for
God, I think I've had enough now
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:56 am

It does?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Mr Tickle on Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:17 am

[s]dunx wrote on 17:30, 23rd Mar 2003:
Does anyone know if the David Russell Apartments will have their own committee or will they share a committee with the existing David Russell Hall?

the problem is that drh committee has the fruits of many years of subs ie they have several TV, video facilities, and they will have a balance, left from this year for which to plan freshers events etc, so it probably is only fair to share a committe seeing as it is only one year when the two will co exist. but the hall will have completly diffrent requirments, ie while one set is moaning about dampness etc, the other set will be moaning that they dont know how to work the unerdfloor heating. perhaps a sub-committe system may be better next year?

[hr]
Are you tickly? if you are, be afraid, be very afraid.
Mr Tickle

catered/self catered hall comittee

Postby flarewearer on Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:05 pm

how does the new hall commitee run (and how do you spell committeee???, do they have separate for the catered and self catered folks, or just one big one?
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:22 pm

No idea about the way New Hall runs things, but committee is spelt "committee"
Thackary

Re:

Postby andyefc on Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:16 pm

[s]flarewearer wrote on 18:05, 24th Mar 2003:
how does the new hall commitee run (and how do you spell committeee???, do they have separate for the catered and self catered folks, or just one big one?

No, as treasurer of the New Hall Committee, i can tell u that it is just one committee for the hall. But my guess is, that it is because it is one single hall, and if the David Russell Apartments are a considered a separate hall, then they should have a separate committee.
andyefc

Re:

Postby RRankin on Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:16 pm

If theres Hall Subs are left over, I want a rebate! I didn't pay all that money so people in the LUXURY DRH Apartments can enjoy it next year.

As for committies, everyone seems to love comitties so I'm sure there will be separate comitties to give everyone something to sit on.
RRankin

Re:

Postby dunx on Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:25 pm

I think having our own committee in the David Russell Apartments would be fun :-) Unlike a number of halls, we can make a committee that's not greedy with subs and has lots of positions so more people can be part of it. Who makes these kind of decisions though?
dunx

Re:

Postby Oli on Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:33 am

You're unlikely to get a rebate, as most of the money collected at the start of the year is spent by the end of the year.

There is always a small amount (perhaps a thousand or so) left over, but that carries from year to year, and is for emergency use only...

And the more people you have on a committee, the harder it is to get anything done. Unless of course they're all in agreement, and all turn up to all the meetings.
But the best way to influence the committee of your hall if you don't hold a position on the committee is to go to the meetings anyway. Most committee meetings are open, and you're quite entitled to have your say on how your money is spent.
Oli

Return to The Sinner's Main Board