Home

TheSinner.net

This makes me sick...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

This annoys me....

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scot ... 399067.stm

Subject line edited because of sarcasm :P
[hr]Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby the_leish on Wed May 14, 2008 11:26 am

And why exactly does it make you sick?

[hr]

Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
the_leish

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed May 14, 2008 11:28 am

C'mon Rovers!

[hr]

IMAGE:www.thismanwillkillyou.com/avatars/tb3-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
Duggeh

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 14, 2008 11:29 am

Yes, I'm a little confused what bit makes you sick? Unless you mean the guy with the tacky tattoo? Or perhaps its that Rangers have only been allocated 13,000 tickets in a 76,000 capacity stadium?

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed May 14, 2008 11:36 am

Not holding back on any judgement here (which I realise is a stupid thing to do on the Sinner), these guys are hooligans, clearly drunk, have brought their children to what is probably going to be a violent match, have paid £1000 for a single ticket, are more than likely going to start some fights.......what makes them think that God is going to "look after them" If there is one thing that annoys me it's people praying to God for football matches, what makes you think God cares about football especially your team? Probably not even religious in the first place!

Not just that though, I like to think I'm proud to be Scottish but when I see this, I feel embarrassed! I don't want to be associated with the likes of a drunken idiot saying 'its gonna be an invasion like they've never seen before, we're Scots!' No I'm sorry, you're drunk and you're acting like an idiot!

Rant over!
Quoting the_leish from 12:26, 14th May 2008

[hr]

[hr]

Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby Raindance on Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am

Quoting munchingfoo from 12:29, 14th May 2008
Or perhaps its that Rangers have only been allocated 13,000 tickets in a 76,000 capacity stadium?

Just to clear this up, the Final is at the city of Manchester stadium (Man City's ground) which has a 47,000 capacity not Old Trafford which is more. Both sets of fans get 13,000 alocated. I don't think that's too bad. So it can't be that she's sick about!

[hr]

Raindance, i apologise if i've pissed you off

- Big X
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 14, 2008 11:56 am

Ah - my mistake. Cheers.

Just to clear this up - it's a she ;)

[hr]

I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeurgh
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Super Jock on Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of rangers, or thier more violent fans. But I'm a big scotland and Motherwell fan, and the euphoria felt of thousands of you packing into a small area to support one cause is one of my top experiences. Though I rarely get to feel like that at Motherwell.

I wish rangers all the best, and I can understand why their travel down without a ticket. Just to see so many people openly displaying something close to your own heart is really amazing. Also scotland have a really good reputation for not being hooligans anymore. I think rangers fans may do us in Scotland proud.

Though it pains me to say, moan' the Ger's!
Super Jock

Re:

Postby irish200 on Wed May 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Quoting Dark_Soul from 12:36, 14th May 2008
Not holding back on any judgement here (which I realise is a stupid thing to do on the Sinner), these guys are hooligans, clearly drunk, have brought their children to what is probably going to be a violent match, have paid £1000 for a single ticket, are more than likely going to start some fights.......what makes them think that God is going to "look after them" If there is one thing that annoys me it's people praying to God for football matches, what makes you think God cares about football especially your team? Probably not even religious in the first place!

Not just that though, I like to think I'm proud to be Scottish but when I see this, I feel embarrassed! I don't want to be associated with the likes of a drunken idiot saying 'its gonna be an invasion like they've never seen before, we're Scots!' No I'm sorry, you're drunk and you're acting like an idiot!

Rant over!
Quoting the_leish from 12:26, 14th May 2008

[hr]

[hr]

There will always be a lot of people at big finals like this one a lot of whom will end up drunk, big deal?.Then you assume there will be violence and it will be no safe place for children. I can only guess you know very little about the atmosphere on occasions like this one. It will probably pass by with the minimum of fuss, with both sets of fans looking to have a good time more than anything else. I've been to games like this when I was younger and never have I come into any danger. Any football violence is from a minority who would attend matches purely to start a fight. The majority of fans want to be there to support their team, nothing more. Why take it so personally, as if the behaviour of a few drunk football fans really destroys the world image of Scotland. It really is meolodramatic to say it 'makes you sick'.

To continue on a similar theme, you and the nonsense you wrote makes me sick.
irish200

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed May 14, 2008 12:29 pm

You're right it was melodramatic but then I guess I'm just a drama queen :P

[hr]Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeurgh
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed May 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Quoting Dark_Soul from 12:36, 14th May 2008what makes them think that God is going to "look after them" If there is one thing that annoys me it's people praying to God for football matches, what makes you think God cares about football especially your team? Probably not even religious in the first place!

Not just that though, I like to think I'm proud to be Scottish but when I see this, I feel embarrassed!

Nationalist patriotism is just as blind as sport faith.

[hr]

Duggeh

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Not really, you get to choose your sport and you team, you don't [usually] get to choose your country.

One could therefore argue that national patriotism is more blind than sports faith.

[hr]

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Haunted on Wed May 14, 2008 1:37 pm

What utter gash! Oh we can't have people supporting their football team, turning up wearing their colours and bringing their children and all that, oh fuck no, thats hooliganism don't you know.

And don't tell people what they can and cannot pray for, as if you knew how their god thinks.

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed May 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Quoting munchingfoo from 13:58, 14th May 2008
Not really, you get to choose your sport and you team, you don't [usually] get to choose your country.

One could therefore argue that national patriotism is more blind than sports faith.

[hr]

Touche sir, allow me to retort. You may not be able to chose your country but there is a certain concrete nature to its existence, belief in God requires a leap of faith towards that which is unverifiable. Thus both have their inherent, but different limitations of scope.

Is it more blind to follow that which you know that you cannot see? Or to follow that which you had no choice in seeing?

Deep shit yo.

[hr]

Duggeh

Re:

Postby Raindance on Wed May 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I agree with SJ. I support a team not lucky/good enough to even think about European football, so I like to live vicariously through the Scottish teams in Europe. Celtic and Aberdeen both had good runs this season and Rangers reaching this final can only improve the standard of the game in this country, especially when one considers the number of Scots in the starting XI in comparison to Celtic's 2003 UEFA Cup final appearance. I hope they can take the cup back to Scotland!

[hr]

Raindance, i apologise if i've pissed you off

- Big X
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Like I said before I was being a bit of a drama queen. It was unfair for me to say they were all hooligans and I apologise. I was annoyed (not that anyone cares, but I have right to explain myself) because I have been home for only 3 days now and have witnessed 4 figths (3 yesterday, 1 today). The 'culprits' were all wearing Rangers strips, every one of them. They were running down my street with spanners and baseball bats and so did the kids (being about 6). I guess this just pissed me off after seeing that.
Quoting Haunted from 14:37, 14th May 2008

What utter gash! Oh we can't have people supporting their football team, turning up wearing their colours and bringing their children and all that, oh fuck no, thats hooliganism don't you know.

And don't tell people what they can and cannot pray for, as if you knew how their god thinks.

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn

[hr]

Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby Raindog on Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Its the feking English fans that are the hooligans dark hole Not the scots. So get it right ya sensationalist barstard and get back to your daily mail.
Raindog

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Wed May 14, 2008 4:27 pm

fucks sake, does an apology mean nothing around here!! don't read the fucking daily mail either
Quoting raindog from 16:57, 14th May 2008
Its the feking English fans that are the hooligans dark hole Not the scots. So get it right ya sensationalist barstard and get back to your daily mail.

[hr]

Dark_Soul

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board