Home

TheSinner.net

Ambulance North Street

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Ambulance North Street

Postby Katherine_the_Noggin on Mon May 19, 2008 3:12 pm

A girl (student) got hit by a car today on North St just outside the library. I was just wondering if anyone knew whether she was okay?
Katherine_the_Noggin

Re:

Postby Spike on Mon May 19, 2008 3:19 pm

What did she look like? can you give us a brief description?

[hr]

From Rock to Opera
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby Katherine_the_Noggin on Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 pm

I didn't see the incident, just the ambulances. From what I've heard she was a female student leaving the library with headphones in and crossed the road either on or near the crossing by the library on North St and was hit by a car. Sounded pretty nasty as she apparently flew up in the air but I know nothing else. Really hope she's okay whoever she is.
Katherine_the_Noggin

Re:

Postby Huckabee on Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm

She had hurt her leg pretty badly, probably broken, and was bleeding from the head but said that it wasn't sore. She was awake and speaking and the ambulance came very quickly so I expect she'll be ok, apart from the leg.

She had dark, in third year (i think) but I'm not going to give her name because its private.
Huckabee

ouch

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon May 19, 2008 3:40 pm

I hope she has a speedy recovery. What rotten luck too with exams going on!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon May 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Not to cause any offense, but it doesn't sound like luck (or bad luck in this case) had much to do with it.

I wear my earphones whilst crossing roads sometimes and its amazing how much it negatively affects my traffic perception. If it wasn't for the fact that I love those funky beats I'd do the sensible thing and take my earphones out to cross the road.

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon May 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Not bad luck in the sense that it was a quirk of fate that a girl wearing headphones was involved in a traffic accident.

Bad luck that during exam time such an accident would befall (what I assume is) a revising student!

I'm guilty of wearing earphones when out and about, though I keep the volume low when crossing roads.

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby groovy on Mon May 19, 2008 6:53 pm

I know some people go to extreme measures to get out of exams- but this is ridiculous!

Yes, I'm going to hell...

[hr]

Remember now, there's a big difference between kneeling down and BENDING OVER!
groovy

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon May 19, 2008 11:05 pm

I hate driving on North Street, there's something about it that makes both drivers and pedestrians stop paying attention. Do have a care, sinners.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Lid on Tue May 20, 2008 12:41 am

It was going to happen at some point.

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 am

Put a Lid on it.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby schmod on Tue May 20, 2008 1:00 am

Quoting DrAlex from 00:05, 20th May 2008
I hate driving on North Street, there's something about it that makes both drivers and pedestrians stop paying attention. Do have a care, sinners.

Really? North Street is one of the only places in town that actively terrifies me to bike on, and is more often than not a huge pain to cross on foot. Something about it just doesn't seem safe for drivers, pedestrians, or bikers. If there's one place in town that I always make sure to look twice in both directions, that's it.

Then again, perhaps that's why..... hope she's ok!
schmod

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 am

To be fair, North street is the only place I have had a traffic related accident in my life. Perhaps it has something to do with the way the sun shines down it or something.

P.S. I was knocked off my bike by a car and flipped over the handlebars onto the pavement. Three people walked past me and one even stepped over me. No one helped. Nice place this, eh?

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby JohnMac on Tue May 20, 2008 1:29 am

I travel North St as a pedestrian, cyclist and driver most weeks and it is the only street I have had bother on. As a pedestrian I have had to run out the way of cars forgetting to stop at the crossing outisde the Old Union Diner. As a cyclist I have almost been taken out by cars swerving to grab an empty space without indicating. However, as a car I am constantly in combat with tourists who go from 20-30 mph to a near stop regularly along the road. North St is a dangerous road that people dont take seriously enough. I wish the poor girl in question a quick recovery!
JohnMac

Re:

Postby AliceChalliner on Tue May 20, 2008 9:25 am

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 18:40, 19th May 2008

I'm guilty of wearing earphones when out and about, though I keep the volume low when crossing roads.

[hr]

Just TAKE THEM OUT!....do you know how many silly head-phoned students I almost hit all the time cos they're not fucking LOOKING AT THE ROAD?!
AliceChalliner

Re:

Postby groovy on Tue May 20, 2008 9:53 am

Quoting AliceChalliner from 10:25, 20th May 2008

[hr]

Just TAKE THEM OUT!....do you know how many silly head-phoned students I almost hit all the time cos they're not fucking LOOKING AT THE ROAD?!

Sounds like a typical woman driver to me... always blaming other people :P

[hr]

groovy

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 am

Welcome to the Bubble:

Our drivers are all drunk.
Our cyclists are all obnoxious.
Our students are all fucking idiots!

[hr]

I disagree with you in principle.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby groovy on Tue May 20, 2008 10:48 am

Quoting Jono from 11:09, 20th May 2008
Welcome to the Bubble:

Our drivers are all drunk.
Our cyclists are all obnoxious.
Our students are all fucking idiots!

[hr]

I disagree with you in principle.

That was quite an idiotic thing to say, by your logic.

[hr]

groovy

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue May 20, 2008 11:00 am

They're in my ears not my eyes! Besides I'm more than cautious when crossing roads thank you very much.

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Tue May 20, 2008 11:34 am

[hr]

I agree. It's the stepping out without looking then giving YOU the filthy look. Yes, it's a fucking ROAD.

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board