Home

TheSinner.net

Ambulance North Street

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby d_24 on Wed May 21, 2008 9:00 am

Quoting nj_21 from 22:45, 20th May 2008
Quoting d_24 from 12:41, 20th May 2008
Who exactly isn't looking when they cross a road?! Deserve to be knocked down if you ask me.

Btw, I have my ipod on when I cross roads and they never prevent me from being safe.

If I were you, d_24, I would make sure I knew all the facts before insulting someone who got hit by a car, I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so cynical if it was one of your friends who was involved. I happen to know that the driver who hit the girl was speeding through the traffic lights, and although she has a concussion, slight fractures and heavy bruising, she is currently recovering in ninewells and will be out of hospital soon.

I wasn't refering to the girl who got knocked down. I was refering to AliceChalliner's post.

[hr]

Before Bauer...There Was House
d_24

Re:

Postby AliceChalliner on Wed May 21, 2008 9:33 am

Quoting d_24 from 10:00, 21st May 2008
Quoting d_24 from 12:41, 20th May 2008
Who exactly isn't looking when they cross a road?! Deserve to be knocked down if you ask me.

Btw, I have my ipod on when I cross roads and they never prevent me from being safe.

If I were you, d_24, I would make sure I knew all the facts before insulting someone who got hit by a car, I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so cynical if it was one of your friends who was involved. I happen to know that the driver who hit the girl was speeding through the traffic lights, and although she has a concussion, slight fractures and heavy bruising, she is currently recovering in ninewells and will be out of hospital soon.

I wasn't refering to the girl who got knocked down. I was refering to AliceChalliner's post.

[hr]

HEY HEY HEY! I was NOT having a go at the girl that got knocked down...I have no idea if she was wearing headphones or not...I don't think it actually says it in the post does it? I was just joining in on the general conversation that *GENERALLY* it is a bad idea to wear headphones while crossing the road and *GENERALLY* you see alot of students do it, and it's dangerous because as you might think you can *SEE* the traffic, you are not alerted to anything coming from the other way because you can't *HEAR* it, meaning alot of people *GENERAL* people step out having only looked one way and look as they step out meaning they're more likaly to get hit!
If i was having a go at anyone it was whoever said "I keep them quiet" cos I still think that's silly....fuckin hell I wasn't having a go at whoever this girl is, I hope she's ok....don't put words in my mouth.
AliceChalliner

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 21, 2008 10:03 am

[b]Quoting AliceChalliner from ...don't put words in my mouth.

Doesn't seem at all necessary :P

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Urgh. Thank you TheSinner

Postby d_24 on Wed May 21, 2008 11:39 am

Quoting AliceChalliner from 10:33, 21st May 2008
Quoting d_24 from 10:00, 21st May 2008
[quote]Quoting d_24 from 12:41, 20th May 2008

[hr]

HEY HEY HEY! I was NOT having a go at the girl that got knocked down...I have no idea if she was wearing headphones or not...I don't think it actually says it in the post does it? I was just joining in on the general conversation that *GENERALLY* it is a bad idea to wear headphones while crossing the road and *GENERALLY* you see alot of students do it, and it's dangerous because as you might think you can *SEE* the traffic, you are not alerted to anything coming from the other way because you can't *HEAR* it, meaning alot of people *GENERAL* people step out having only looked one way and look as they step out meaning they're more likaly to get hit!
If i was having a go at anyone it was whoever said "I keep them quiet" cos I still think that's silly....fuckin hell I wasn't having a go at whoever this girl is, I hope she's ok....don't put words in my mouth.[/quote]

Once again it's national Misinterpret Everything Day on the Sinner! I must have missed the memo...

So here we go explaining the FUCKING OBVIOUS. Alice, no one is putting words in your mouth because no one is saying that you were insulting the girl who got knocked down. To clarify once and for all for those who cannot acheieve the simple task of distinguishing who a post's content is directed toward:

1. AliceChalliner said that people who wear earphones enrage motorists because they don't look where they are going.

2. d_24 refering to this asks rhetorically 'who isn't looking when they cross the road?'

3. nj_21 thinks this was intended toward the original victim

4. d_24 says no, he was responding to Alice's post

5. Alice thinks that someone is accusing her of being insulting.

Now enough of this needless pedantry and perhaps a little more concern for the girl's current state.

[hr]

d_24

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 21, 2008 11:48 am

That isn't an example of pedantry; this is! :P

[hr]

I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed May 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Quoting d_24 from 12:39, 21st May 2008
Once again it's national Misinterpret Everything Day on the Sinner! I must have missed the memo...

You've been around for a while, you should know this is how it works :P
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby RandomMusings on Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Just in case anyone was still wondering, apparently the girl hit is still recovering in Ninewells, but is on the mend and may be out within a couple of days. Scratches, bruises and maybe some fractures (waiting on results). I'm sure we all still wish her well soon.

[hr]

I like paper.
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re:

Postby Haunted on Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm

What about the car?

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby n01 on Wed May 21, 2008 11:19 pm

Quoting munchingfoo from 02:15, 20th May 2008

P.S. I was knocked off my bike by a car and flipped over the handlebars onto the pavement. Three people walked past me and one even stepped over me. No one helped. Nice place this, eh?

nothing to do with the place, probably to do with you.
n01

no1

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Get to fuck, you little cunt.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby n01 on Wed May 21, 2008 11:30 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 00:26, 22nd May 2008
Get to fuck, you little cunt.

nein. fuck off... mr... fuck off...

n01

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 21, 2008 11:42 pm

Quoting n01 from 00:19, 22nd May 2008
Quoting munchingfoo from 02:15, 20th May 2008

P.S. I was knocked off my bike by a car and flipped over the handlebars onto the pavement. Three people walked past me and one even stepped over me. No one helped. Nice place this, eh?

nothing to do with the place, probably to do with you.

I'm quite curious to know what I have done to you personally that makes you like the fact that I got hit by a car and no one helped?

You need to get some help for that anger issue you have there I think, or you might end up in jail some day.

[hr]

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu May 22, 2008 11:56 am

Oh right, sorry. Clearly no1's original post is meant in utterly good faith. He has suggested that munchingfoo in some way deserves no help following an accident by sheer dint of being munchingfoo. That's fine. Nobody is allowed to contradict that. Let's delete posts abitrarily because we know what's best!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

DELETE!

Postby Frank on Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 12:56, 22nd May 2008
Let's delete posts abitrarily because we know what's best!

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board