Home

TheSinner.net

ede and ravenscroft photography

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

ede and ravenscroft photography

Postby Irish Frank on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 pm

graduating in afternoon ceremony tomorrow...

where is the photography? what do i do? It seems its too much for ede and ravenscroft to tell me this for my money.
Irish Frank

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:14 pm

They give you instructions when you pick up your gown in the morning. Seems like a professional way to do it - since you can't get your photographs done without picking up your gown.

[hr]

"The entirety of these definitions lie outside the gamut of the sRGB color space — such a pure color cannot be represented using RGB primaries. The color swatch to the right is a desaturated approximation, created by taking the centroid of the standard definition and moving it towards the D65 white point, until it meets the sRGB gamut triangle."
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby ribs on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Any particular time we have to pick our gowns up at?

[hr]

Summer is a state of mind.
Summer is a state of mind.
ribs

Re:

Postby Lid on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am

From 0845 onwards, but I'd advise against leaving it to the last minute - the queues get hellish.

Quoting ribs from 21:01, 24th Jun 2008
Any particular time we have to pick our gowns up at?

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:45 pm

When I graduated in 2006 I picked up my gown early in the morning and then went to have my photo taken (by Ede and Ravenscroft). I decided to have my photo taken before I actually graduated as there was no queue....I'm glad I did that as after the ceremony there were long queues for the photographers (spiraling around the quad) and it started to rain too.

Not the conventional way to do it but hey no one knows and it means you can spend more time doing other things if you get your photos out of the way first.
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Gill on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm

can you just turn up and get your photo's taken? i've not pre-booked.
Gill

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Definitely recommend getting photos done before the ceremony because after it you're usually aching to let your hair down and everyone's all hyped up with emotion and eagerness to get to the garden party. At least before the ceremony the queues are small, and you're fresh faced.
box_of_delights

Return to The Sinner's Main Board