Home

TheSinner.net

The Dark Knight

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Frank on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Went to see it last night; loved it to bits. It was very much 'my type of film'.

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 14:39, 27th Jul 2008
One thing I think spoiled it was that we knew that Harvey was going to become two-face, and it was simply a question of when and how.

This is striking as I'm not a Batman fan (was never really into my superheroes), so I had no idea about Harvey/Two-Faces' origins, so it was quite an unexpected (and enjoyable) twist for me. In this way, I suppose, I'm 'getting into' Batman for the first time.

So, does anyone know what to expect for the next installment? Any guesses?

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby Delts on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 pm

I think the Cat mention would quite possibly be an indication to Catwoman appearing. I would of preferred to have seen Two Face not dieing and there being a continuation of his story, but adding new villains keeps it fresh.

[hr]

Quotes: For when you can think of nothing to say yourself.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Re:

Postby ka25 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:02 pm

I got the general impression from the way the movie went that they were looking at some point to do another joker story since they are a mirror. However, I don't think even they would try and re-cast that role; who would touch it now anyway?

I would have preferred to see Dent surviving and being the main villain in the third. Would have been that last battle for good over evil, bring the story to conclusion nicely.

I never picked up on the catwoman references but I think it would be a pretty lame story to have her as the main villain, especially since hollywood doesn't like doing things past a third episode these days. I read somewhere (i think empire) of using the riddler as some sort of big time / big money terrorist, setting bombs all over the place and leaving clues for people / Batman to find them. How about David Tennant? Add in a bit of a side love/revenge story (catwoman or Raz al Gul's daughter) and you have the completion of the trilogy; he's a proper hero again, shows someone the light, etc. Could be good

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102222
ka25

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:44 pm

David Tennant?! As who?!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby ka25 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 am

Assuming you're not making the obvious joke with that comment, the Riddler

[hr]

ka25

Re:

Postby irish200 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:27 am

Quoting ka25 from 09:15, 29th Jul 2008
Assuming you're not making the obvious joke with that comment, the Riddler

[hr]

David Tennant is shit. He can fuck off away from Batman and stick to 'acting' with his manic eyes and stupid facial expressions in Dr Who. Someone needs to tell him acting is all about subtlety, or at least that hes doing it wrong or something.
irish200

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board