Home

TheSinner.net

Freshers Week Schedule?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Freshers Week Schedule?

Postby cjh on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Does anyone know when this year's freshers week schedule is going to be posted? Any ideas what's happening?
cjh

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:53 pm

It's going to be completely new this year.

Shit unknown radio DJ on the Tuesday.
Cheeky Girls on the Wednesday, but they are only going to be on for 2 songs and cost £13bn.
Thursday night is a hypnotist.
Friday is a new thing called "Midori Fresh".
Saturday is the first regular Bop.
Sunday is a ceilidh.

So, as you can see, it's completely different from every other year.

[s]this post is meant in jest[/s]

[hr]

"The entirety of these definitions lie outside the gamut of the sRGB color space — such a pure color cannot be represented using RGB primaries. The color swatch to the right is a desaturated approximation, created by taking the centroid of the standard definition and moving it towards the D65 white point, until it meets the sRGB gamut triangle."
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Nuclear holocaust. Courtesy of everybody's favourite bad guy, Mr Putin

[hr]

The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby RandomMusings on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:23 pm

There is already a thread devoted to this (Main/thesinner/33462) - again, the last of the last details are being sorted. Expect new things - although 'foos schedule would have fit in previous years, there is a range of diferent things this time round.

I can confirm, however, that the Cheeky Girls and Radio 1 djs are off the radar.... for now.

[hr]

? The humble question mark?
? So much mightier than the sword?
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re:

Postby schmod on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Quoting RandomMusings from 23:23, 17th Aug 2008
I can confirm, however, that the Cheeky Girls and Radio 1 djs are off the radar.... for now.

Indeed. We're getting Hot Cops instead of Cheeky Girls this time around.
schmod

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:15 pm

This is my favourite bad guy.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby morn_69 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm

just wondering what date is freshers week starting on? I live in dundee these days so Im out of the loop.. and why oh why does st andrews insist on starting freshers week on a tuesday? start on a saturday and do it for 9 days! its the way forward!!

[hr]

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
morn_69

Re:

Postby classydriver on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Fresher's week is starting on a Saturday (20th Sept)- and will run for 9 days, as was the case for every Freshers Week since 2003.
classydriver

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Quoting RandomMusings from 23:23, 17th Aug 2008

It wouldn't have been worth booking the Cheeky Girls if they wouldn't also bring Lembit Opik along too.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Lid on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Quoting Cain from 22:11, 18th Aug 2008
It wouldn't have been worth booking the Cheeky Girls if they wouldn't also bring Lembit Opik along too.

Have our Romanian students ran into visa problems again?!

[hr]

Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby eagle on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 am

Quoting classydriver from 21:15, 18th Aug 2008
Fresher's week is starting on a Saturday (20th Sept)- and will run for 9 days, as was the case for every Freshers Week since 2003.

He or she did say "Im out of the loop" [sic]
eagle

Re:

Postby morn_69 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 am

thanks eagle

[hr]

Douglas Adams

Douglas Adams
morn_69

Return to The Sinner's Main Board