Home

TheSinner.net

Student Loans - might help freshers as well as me :-)

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Student Loans - might help freshers as well as me :-)

Postby Hennessy on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Sorry if this is a facsimile of earlier threads but when is the maintenance part of the student loan paid in, for the purposes of my own amateurish accounting and because the Student Loans Company seem to be vague or opaque on the matter (btw even though I have been at University for two years now I have never recieved a payment schedule of any kind from the people at the SLC, although I have recieved my loans in full)

Also, does it matter what part of the UK you come from, just out of personal interest?
Cheers.
J

[hr]

The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby RandomMusings on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 pm

As far as my loan is concerned, the first part of maintenance loan is paid in on the 25th or 29th of September. I have received a payment schedule each year, although I have no idea what I have done with it.... Just in case it does matter, my LEA is Trafford - not sure if it does make a difference though.

[hr]

? The humble question mark?
? So much mightier than the sword?
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re:

Postby Timata on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 pm

My payment schedule letter says 19/09/2008 (I have it filed, due to an inability to throw anything away). I think thats earlier than usual (I remember it being after the start of term before, and have last years around somewhere but can't be bothered to check). Not sure whether that applies to everyone, but if its any help that info is sent by the Student Loans Company Ltd, not by my local council (which in this case would be Durham). As far as I can remember, I've always got mine at the same time as friends in Scotland. Strange that you've never received a schedule - mine came with my notification "please take to registration" letter.
Timata

Re:

Postby starsandsparkles on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 pm

The SLC needs confirmation of your attendence at University before they give you the money. For us, the university notify them after you've matriculated as far (as I know) so you should be all set for the first week of teaching.

(I could tell you the date from my schedule of payment too but the SLC have messed the rest of it up so who knows if the dates are right or not!)
starsandsparkles

Return to The Sinner's Main Board