Home

TheSinner.net

New University website

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

New University website

Postby Animal on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 pm

The University has launched its new website.

What do we think? I like the look of the front page, though I've yet to delve any deeper. The search works well at least!
Animal

Re:

Postby UanarchyK on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 pm

They didn't seem to change very much in terms of functionality -- at least, as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure how I feel about the grey, I think I miss the red. This new layout just feels more cluttered and less exciting to me.

Anyway, my only major gripe is the same one I had for the last layout: they don't have the Academic Calendar (or a version of it) under Current Students. It's basically the only reason I ever visit the university website, and it's silly that I have to go under Current Staff to find out such basic, necessary information.
UanarchyK

Re:

Postby Ewan Husami on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:16 pm

have you emailed webmaster@ ?
Ewan Husami

Re:

Postby johnjohnjohn on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm just waiting for the backlash of people going crazy at the fact they've used a picture saying "Freshers '08"
johnjohnjohn

Re:

Postby The Jaspar on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 am

It looks pretty good, but I don't like that I can't get to the Schools and Subjects link on Current Students without going into another page and then scrolling down. It used to be quite prominent on the Students homepage.
The Jaspar

Return to The Sinner's Main Board