Home

TheSinner.net

Wanted: One Rector

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: Wanted: One Rector

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Shame. Not having been in St Andrews for 4 years, I've paid little attention to the Rectorial elections, and hadn't even noted that Chay Blyth was running. He's a hero of mine (as someone who likes sailing a lot).
But it looks as if we've got another tree-hugger, hurrah.

FoE as well. These are some of the wankers who try and stop me when I go fox hunting.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Trying to come up with a similar headline to last time's 'Pepper stuffs chef'.

Blytherers out-Foxed?
Dave the Explosive Newt

Postby Josherick3 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Ah well, the best candidate didn't get in, but neither did the worst. On balance, I guess it's ok.
Josherick3

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Predictable. Another minor bureaucrat becomes Rector.
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Eliot Wilson wrote:Predictable. Another minor bureaucrat becomes Rector.

If 51% of current students want a 'minor bureaucrat' as their Rector (who also happens to be an alumnus, local, well-informed, dedicated and wholly approachable gent), then who are you to sound so disparaging?

Bla bla bla back in my day bla bla bla...
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Someone who spent eight years in St Andrews, is still very fond of and committed to the University, sits on the Business Committee of the General Council and is fully entitled to the opinion that the current students reached a conclusion that I might have not, but were forced to choose from an uninspiring field. That's who.
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Postby Josherick3 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Bizarre Atheist wrote:
If 51% of current students want a 'minor bureaucrat' as their Rector (who also happens to be an alumnus, local, well-informed, dedicated and wholly approachable gent), then who are you to sound so disparaging?

Bla bla bla back in my day bla bla bla...

Well, 51% of 26% of current students wanted him to be their rector.
Josherick3

Postby What? on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Kevin Dunion will be appearing on the STAR Specials programme tonight. Half of it will be spent with Mr Dunion, the other half will be previewing tomorrow night's US election.

Join us at 8pm at www.standrewsradio.com and feel free to ask questions of Kevin!
What?

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board