Home

TheSinner.net

Bug Reports and Feature Requests

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: It's here! The NEW Sinner - Bug Reports only in this thread

Postby orudge on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Could the avatar be placed below the username and rank? That's where other forums place it, it just looks a bit odd to me where it is now. :P
orudge
Administrator

Re: Report bugs in The Sinner

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 pm

When trying to help add to the Guide to St Andrews I'm told to login but it keeps coming up saying my password is wrong, when it's not. :wacko:
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby orudge on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:35 am

Have you ever been able to log into the wiki? I believe another site I use has a problem with their system, also based on phpBB 3 and Mediawiki, where people with underscores in their names can't, for some reason or other (some sort of technical limitation on nicknames posed by the wiki software), log into the wiki. If you have another account without an underscore in it, you could perhaps try that.
orudge
Administrator

Postby Duggeh on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:35 am

You have to manually delete the "Search..." from the search box. It should just go away when you click tbh.
Duggeh

Postby Fawksie on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:58 am

Duggeh wrote:You have to manually delete the "Search..." from the search box. It should just go away when you click tbh.

It did originally. I broke it when I moved the search box by truncating the line about halfway through. I'm amazed and confused that it worked *at all*.

Power_Metal_Dom wrote:When trying to help add to the Guide to St Andrews I'm told to login but it keeps coming up saying my password is wrong, when it's not. :wacko:

orudge's analysis is indeed correct. Mediawiki converts underscores to spaces, so it's looking for and failing to find a user called "Power Metal Dom". It would probably be easiest to just rename you to the same, if you're OK with that, let me know and I'll set things in motion.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm

When you're browsing the forums, the vertical dividing line between "Messageboards" and "Guide to St. Andrews" disappears. Has been bugging me for ages.

Postby Duggeh on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Can the daylight savings in the forum time display be done automatically?
Duggeh

Postby Fawksie on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:20 am

Guest wrote:When you're browsing the forums, the vertical dividing line between "Messageboards" and "Guide to St. Andrews" disappears. Has been bugging me for ages.

Fixed, thanks.

Duggeh wrote:Can the daylight savings in the forum time display be done automatically?

The board will now take its time from the server, and all users have been set to use the board default time. If anyone wants to select (B|D)ST manually they can do so in the User Control Panel.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re: Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah sure, eliminated them underscores :ninja:
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby Fawksie on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Power Metal Dom wrote:Yeah sure, eliminated them underscores :ninja:

Done, should be good to go now.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:29 pm

Cheers, bud :laugh:
Power Metal Dom

Postby macgamer on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Firefox 3 error

I am having problems reaching The Sinner using Firefox 3, instead of loading the page it attempts to download the php file. No such problems with IE 7 with which I made this post.

Is it just me?
"Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision."
- G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908
macgamer

Postby RandomMusings on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 pm

macgamer wrote:Firefox 3 error

I am having problems reaching The Sinner using Firefox 3, instead of loading the page it attempts to download the php file. No such problems with IE 7 with which I made this post.

Is it just me?

I was also having trouble yesterday getting onto the messageboards (only) through Firefox 3.0.5 as it was attempting to download/save the page. IE was working though too. I was more confused by the fact that my flatmate could still get onto the site in his Firefox 3.... odd
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby Fawksie on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 am

The whole site was giving 500 errors for a short while yesterday, whilst there was nothing wrong with our code that I was aware of. Not noticed the problem with Firefox downloading the php here using 3.0.5, and the associated MIME type settings on the server are correct. Probably just transitory problems with the hosting company, though do please report back if it's not fixed in a day or two.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Admin on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:48 am

There was a problem with the server, as a log file had become too large to manage.
This has now been resolved, and shouldn't cause any further issues.
Admin

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board