Home

TheSinner.net

Starfields

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Starfields

Postby Tlomiew on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:13 pm

According to the union website (at this time) Starfields has 346 tickets left. In the interest of gauging the popularity of this event, does anybody have any idea how many there were availible origionally? ( Including VIP).
In this world there is a pie
A pie where topics go to die
And when they die they leave this place
The twisted world of the human race
Tlomiew

Re: Starfields

Postby Ewan Husami on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 am

1200 regular tickets, and 500 VIP, so 1700 in total
Ewan Husami

Postby James01 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 am

Anyone know what time it all kicks off on Saturday?

Oh, and I have a spare ticket as a mate dropped out. Willing to sell it for £30.
James01

Postby What? on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 am

It all kicks off at 4pm with the bands - both of whom I've listened to on myspace and they're pretty awesome - before it moves onto the DJ stuff.

Has anyone listened to Beardyman the beatboxer by the way? He sounds impressive.
What?

Postby Delts on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Rush Hour Soul have dropped out. They also played in the union last year and weren't that impressive. They were far out classed by Heavy Mama who were the headliners that night.

Never fear though, there is a replacement for RHS so it will still start at four.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby eagle on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Yes, Beardyman is great! I love his beatbox kitchen/recipe.
Very clever chap, and rather amusing too.
eagle

Postby Paul Carey on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Fair play to Stacy and someother girl who were out at 2.30am this morning putting flyers through peoples letterboxes on Lamond Drive. It not very often I hear a clank at the door, stumble to the window to see Stacy looking straight back at me as he moves on to the next house!
Paul Carey
NPH Cinema, St Andrews
Paul Carey

Postby Lid on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 pm

I hear the tent will be HUGE. From the email sent by the union yesterday:

if you haven't seen the tent yet, you can see it towering Lower Parliament Hall, just by the Scores

That's a huge tent that covers an entire three streets.
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Postby theshadowhost on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 am

Paul Carey wrote:Fair play to Stacy and someother girl who were out at 2.30am this morning putting flyers through peoples letterboxes on Lamond Drive. It not very often I hear a clank at the door, stumble to the window to see Stacy looking straight back at me as he moves on to the next house!

yeah when i got up i was like WTF - how early must these people have been out doing that. Now i realise they werent out early, but late!
theshadowhost

Postby Rosie1417 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:05 pm

I have a VIP ticket that I have to sell because I have too much work to do =( does anyone want to buy it? Email me on rh283 please!

Rosie
Rosie1417

Postby Tlomiew on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:39 pm

This is bloody annyoing. Turn up at the event and there's noone there. Get told that the events been moved to the union, and that there was a message sent out, but can't find that either. Does anyone else feel extreemly poorly informed about this whole thing? At first they passed this off as secrecy but in reality they just seem to have told us nothing!
Tlomiew

Postby Oli on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Due to the extremely high winds, it's not possible to use the tent today, so the event has indeed been moved to the Union, and will start at 6pm. We hope to have use of the tent for Sunday's part of the festival.
Oli

Postby orudge on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 am

Tlomiew wrote:This is bloody annyoing. Turn up at the event and there's noone there. Get told that the events been moved to the union, and that there was a message sent out, but can't find that either. Does anyone else feel extreemly poorly informed about this whole thing? At first they passed this off as secrecy but in reality they just seem to have told us nothing!

There was a message sent out via Facebook around lunchtime. Hopefully tomorrow we should be able to use the tent, but it'll be worth checking the Facebook event before heading out tomorrow just on the off chance the weather isn't on our side.
orudge
Administrator

Postby Tlomiew on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:45 am

It's interesting to see the effect that annoyance has upon my spelling and grammar. Thanks for the information, somehow the existence of a facebook event had managed to pass me by.
In this world there is a pie
A pie where topics go to die
And when they die they leave this place
The twisted world of the human race
Tlomiew

Postby Lid on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 am

I was having a good look at the statistics that the authorities give to me (which is far more frequently than the METARs are issued), and the biggest gust I've seen (averaged over 10 minutes, as is the same information that goes out in the METAR) is 40kts.

Jolly good show chaps, for pulling a plan B out of the hat, and I don't mean to rattle cages, but it is a bit Octoberish out there - wouldn't it be better to hold these things at some point where it isn't about to kill everyone - like, May?
Lid

Postby Nelson on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 am

Ok so the organisers did an awesome job in having a backup plan, and to pull it all off in a day was brilliant. And the live DJs were cool, especially beardyman! But, unless I missed something, what did I actually get for my extra tenner to get VIP? There was a VIP only area, which I was told we were supposed to be getting free mixers all weekend, but 4 single vodka cokes at the main bar was £6, but in VIP was £7.40 (I think it was anyway, seven pounds something)
Nelson

Postby RandomMusings on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 am

Nelson wrote:Ok so the organisers did an awesome job in having a backup plan, and to pull it all off in a day was brilliant.

I wouldn't normally do this publically, but I think recognition is deserved.

May I personally thank those members of the Ents Crew who worked their asses off yesterday and somehow managed to get the venue sorted in just 5 hours, with little information. I think it looked pretty amazing and you'd never have imagined it if you'd have looked in at 1pm when we started work.

Top effort (in no particular order) Owen, Keith, Josh, Gavin, Adam, Cameron, Alice, David, Hatty, Chris, Zak, Duncan & Matthew (plus Deborah & Fiona for Friday night) - oh and don't forget the efforts of one Bruce Turner as well.

Phil (SSC Ents Officer)
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby Lid on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm

One small question - if there were 1700 tickets sold for the event, does this mean people had to be turned away from Venue 1 (capacity 1000)?
Lid

Postby Freaker on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Surprisingly, it never seemed as if Venue 1 was filled to capacity last night - but it didn't seem as if people were turned away, either. It did look fantastic though - apart from the collapsing V on stage, everything seemed perfect, and it made venue 1 look as pretty as I had never seen it before - fantastic job all those who were involved in moving it at such short notice.

I received a little bag for the VIP ticket - had two bottles of Vitamin Water, a shot of Gin, a can of Red Bull and a Smirnoff wristband. But yes, what about the prices? Were the VIP bar prices different from the main bar ones?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby lizzie_liz on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:22 pm

VIP drink prices would have been more expensive than the main bar as it had Smirnoff vodka and Gordons Gin compared to the cheaper vodka and gin sold in the main bar.

As for VIP tickets I havent seen anywhere mentioned what you actually get for your VIP ticket, therefore i think there was a lot of presumption into what was expected for VIP ticket, but at least you guys got a separate bar and the couches were moved in from the main bar into the VIP bar to try and make it look like you had a special area. And hopefully today you will get your raised dance area which was not possible to put up in venue 1 in such a short amount of time.

I would also say a well done to the ENTs crew who worked very hard yesterday in making venue 1 look different to how it normally does. It did look good.
lizzie_liz

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board