Home

TheSinner.net

Union bars Message

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Union bars Message

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Subject: Win an iPod nano!

Win an iPod nano!
What's the catch? There ISN'T one - it's brilliant!

Enjoy a bottle of Magners at your Union main bar and receive a gaming card for your chance to win an iPod nano (other prizes include iTunes Vouchers and the ever-awesome FREE clothing (T-shirts))

So all you need to do is sit down, relax and savour that cider...

YourUnion x

p.s. you have to be over 18 - it's sort of a rule...

Erm, so you are right that there isn't one catch, there's two.

Catch one - you have to buy Magners.
Catch two - you have to be over 18.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re: Union bars Message

Postby Tlomiew on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 pm

I dissagree, "catch" usually refers to "What is the negative thing that I will have to endure to recive this oppurtunity?". This deal has no bearing on whether or not you are over 18 or not, and if you are under 18 you lose nothing.

The fact that you have to buy magners is somewhat more of a legitamite point, normally these situations would be approached from the other direction, "Buy our product AND get this oppurtunity free" , but someone ( and I belive there are many) who would be drinking Magners anyway there is literally no catch.
In this world there is a pie
A pie where topics go to die
And when they die they leave this place
The twisted world of the human race
Tlomiew

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 pm

Surely though there is a catch for those that do not drink magners?
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby eagle on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 pm

And presumably you're not required to relax, nor to savour it. You could neck the entire pint in one, whilst hurrying to your next anxiety management meeting. I suspect you're probably picking fault with an innocuous message for the sake of it. Take a break, sit back and enjoy a pint of something cold and refreshing. I hear there's a deal on at the union, which is great if you like cider.
eagle

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Of course I'm just doing it "for the sake of it". When does anything ever get posted on the sinner other than "for the sake of it". We'd have a bit more things to talk about round here if other people also posted "for the sake of it".
munchingfoo

Postby RandomMusings on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 pm

The Sinner does seem to be unusually quiet at the moment - or at least the threads seem a little, um, dull. I'm just sad to say that I can't help out providing anything better as I'm fresh outta inspiration, other than being contraversial....
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby eagle on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Fair comment.
eagle

Return to The Sinner's Main Board