Home

TheSinner.net

The Law Surrounding Tips and The Minimum Wage

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: The Law Surrounding Tips and The Minimum Wage

Postby Delts on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 am

I personally found my job stupidly easy so yeah. I am in a thankless job but it does fit around my studies and social life (generally). I have no idea how many places I eat in use this system (although I generally only eat in Beatons or the House restaurants) but if any do then please tell me and I shall be boycotting them from now on. I'm not being high and mighty but I do fit basically your entire mini-rant.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Re: Barstaff Rant

Postby howcurious on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 pm

househunter wrote:When I was a student at St Andrews I managed to get promoted to head server at one of the 5 star restaurants in town...

Just to be pedantic, how did you manage to become a head server in a '5 star' restaurant without knowing that there is no such thing as 5 star restaurant?
howcurious

Postby Stu le taxi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 am

bdw wrote:However, as the BBC report indicates, BERR is preparing a consultation on the practice of accounting for tips and, according to its July release, expects regulations to be implemented to clarify the position in 2009 (though the current economic situation may delay or derail this initiative).

BERR has issued its 40-page consultation document which outlines the issue chapter and verse by the looks of it, and can be downloaded from:

http://www.berr.gov.uk/consultations/page48902.html

Don't all rush at once!
Stu le taxi

Postby househunter on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 am

howcurious wrote:
househunter wrote:When I was a student at St Andrews I managed to get promoted to head server at one of the 5 star restaurants in town...

Just to be pedantic, how did you manage to become a head server in a '5 star' restaurant without knowing that there is no such thing as 5 star restaurant?

By being awesome.
househunter

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board