Home

TheSinner.net

Evangelists

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Evangelists

Postby mispy on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Was anyone else accosted on South St by a retired builder called Kenny telling them about Jesus? He was wearing a wax jacket, and outdoorsy hat and trainers. He was quite persisitent and wouldn't listen to any argument which suggested the Bible wasn't the literal truth. I was wondering if anyone had more success, and how (other than running away).
mispy

Re: Evangelists

Postby Dave on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah, he caught me in St Mary's Quad. He reeled out all the typical fundamentalist arguments against evolution when I let it be known that I was a neuroscientist - including that marvelous misconception that somehow big bang theory relates to evolution. I chatted to him for a bit - let him have his say - and told him that I didn't believe any of it. He seemed pleasant enough for a nutter - no fire and brimstone stuff which I found remarkably restrained.
Dave

Postby Haunted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:33 pm

I look forward to seeing this man in action.
Our town has been lacking a local loony ever since Mr and Mrs Ross departed.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Postby Mehmsy on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 pm

He briefly spoke to me as I was walking down Bell Street. He was distracted by the malfeasants in the betting shop before I could rile him up with my atheist views.
Mehmsy

Postby Lid on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:42 pm

Back in October (for it was then), I saw some bearded guy walking round with sandwich boards on, claiming such high impact things as 'Homosexuals are gay' or somesuch. He didn't seem to engage with the student population, just make them aware of their impending doom. Thank goodness he pointed it out to me now.
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Return to The Sinner's Main Board