Home

TheSinner.net

CONCEPT: The reason behind my Sinner avatar

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: CONCEPT: The reason behind my Sinner avatar

Postby Fawksie on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:16 am

Nah, not censorship. Just housekeeping. I kept it for posterity and for Duggeh to look at in the morning, see further down the board :)
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby RedCelt69 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:53 am

Aye, just noticed that.

I was in the middle of reading the thread when it got chopped off.

Other than for legal reasons (i.e. the owner of a board has been ordered to) threads should (imo) be left uncensored. Regardless of content.

Uhm... which is a tad OT for the thread, but hey ho. Still... I'm sure anyone who strongly disagrees with the "censorship is always wrong" thing can start a new thread. Should they so wish.

Where were we? Oh yes... avatars and user names... :P

Incidentally, not that I hold with such nonsense (or do I?) my star sign is Cancer, the symbol for which looks like "69". It's meant to represent a crab's claws, but it still looks like 69. I don't attach much significance to the coincidence of the year and the symbol for Cancer... but the number remains one of my favourites. Not that I assign favour to any numbers... nor have a runner-up in my affections. I'd call it my lucky number, but I'm not even remotely superstitious.

The whole star-sign thing, btw... I don't for a moment believe that the position of the stars at the moment of our birth in any way affects our personalties nor our futures... BUT, on two separate occasions I've been speaking to someone at a party (both girls... and not the same girl twice) who've correctly guessed that I was a Cancer. I've never had someone guess incorrectly.

My theory is that the time of year *can* affect our personalities... but only because the developing mind of a young infant experiences different environments at key stages of their evolving conscious minds. I'd be interested to know if star-sign guesswork is quite so successful when it involves someone from the southern hemisphere, whereby the seasons are effectively reversed.

But that's another subject (and thread?) entirely :)
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby Senethro on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:35 pm

I was all ready to post with a swastika avatar when I saw the thread had been locked for hours. Oh well.
Senethro

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm

It's me. In case you want to know who I am.
With a sweet hat. In case you want to know what kind of hats I like.
On a London train. Because I was doing touristy things.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board