Home

TheSinner.net

father christmas

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

father christmas

Postby waa on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 am

why does no-one believe in st nicholas, until there is proof he doesnt exist I will continue to believe he does. My parents swear they dont leave presents yet every year they appear without fail.
waa

Re: father christmas

Postby Delts on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 am

I feel the same about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and refuse to believe in anything else.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Hennessy on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Old link I know, but the fact I was there....it was priceless hearing on the news about "dissident santas committing acts of violence in the capital". Santa Claus is back, and he's brought friends.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2005/12/1 ... 12509.html
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Boy how I wish everyone just applied the same skepticsm to all parts of life... for example: I don't believe in Mexico. I've never seen it. Sure I've met people who claim it exists, but I think they're just deluded and living in a fantasy world, after all, I've never met someone from Mexico who was in Mexico at that moment. They've never been able to produce Mexico when I challenge on them on it. Morons. :P
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Postby Freaker on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:06 pm

LonelyPilgrim wrote:Boy how I wish everyone just applied the same skepticsm to all parts of life... for example: I don't believe in Mexico. I've never seen it. Sure I've met people who claim it exists, but I think they're just deluded and living in a fantasy world, after all, I've never met someone from Mexico who was in Mexico at that moment. They've never been able to produce Mexico when I challenge on them on it. Morons. :P

There's a whole 'conspiracy theory' based on that thinking claiming the town of Bielefeld, in Germany, does not exist. The theory also claims that you can go there, but all you will find is a really good 'fake train station' and that a machine will brainwash you into believing Bielefeld does exist as soon as you leave the station. Ah well.
It is rumoured they hide alive JFK there, in the Amber Room, so he doesn't talk about how the moon landing never really happenend. :ninja:

As for santa: Yes, Virginia, ...
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby Rifleman on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:10 am

I was shocked this morning on my daily news trawl of procrastination to discover that the BBC and the Catholic Church are also of the mind that Santa doesn't exist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7798480.stm

Apparently it was his duty to set the record 'straight'. This is clearly ludicrous talk; who does he think wraps all the presents, parents? And eats Santa's cookies? I suppose the parents eat those too?

Complete and utter tosh. I have half a mind to revoke my tv licence after this.
Rifleman

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:56 pm

I was thinking exactly the same things as are expressed in LP's article after watching the brilliant and thought-provoking documentary The Santa Clause. Thank goodness some people still believe in hope and the kindness of man to man enough to perpetuate Santa.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Return to The Sinner's Main Board