Home

TheSinner.net

Bobby Jones

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Bobby Jones

Postby curious on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Do we know who got picked yet?

My flatemate didn't and they're pretty gutted.

C
curious

Re: Bobby Jones

Postby Hennessy on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:33 am

tits or gtfo
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby An0n on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Hennessy wrote:tits or gtfo

Get back to /b/
An0n

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Richard Harker
AJ Jenkins
Claire Meaney
Courtney Coleman

Congratulations you wonderful people. A good balance of talents and skills, if you ask me. There were plenty of strong candidates, among them a few of my very good friends, so the interviewing panel were really spoilt for choice.
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Postby Unregistered on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm

I do believe that there are actually four Bobby Jones folk who go to America from St Andrews....

The 4 "scholars" who go to Emory, and the "fellow" who goes to Georgia Tech.

Get it right.
Unregistered

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Um, right.

You are correct in suggesting that there are four scholars and one fellow, making five in total, but this contradicts your first, rather haughty statement that

Unregistered wrote:I do believe that there are actually four Bobby Jones folk who go to America from St Andrews....

You are incorrect in suggesting that the fellow goes to Georgia Tech, however, since that is not the case this year or indeed next year. To quote Wednesday memos from January 13:

Wednesday Memos wrote: Students at the University of St Andrews have the opportunity to apply for financed graduate study with the continuation of the Robert T Jones Graduate Fellowship, an award which covers tuition and provides a living stipend for up to four years of graduate work at Emory University, Atlanta.

The fellowship will be awarded to one graduating student or graduate with a record of academic and intellectual excellence and academic interests that can be pursued at Emory.

Finally

Unregistered wrote:Get it right.

I have, and you most certainly haven't, whoever you are.
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Postby Pan on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Why did they change it from Georgia Tech to Emory?
Pan

Return to The Sinner's Main Board