Home

TheSinner.net

Refreshers Fair/Fayre

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Refreshers Fair/Fayre

Postby starsandsparkles on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Is this actually being advertised or am I just walking around with my eyes shut?
starsandsparkles

Re: Refreshers Fair/Fayre

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Do you have any idea when/where this actually is??

Postby starsandsparkles on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 am

Guest wrote:Do you have any idea when/where this actually is??

Yes, it was today from 12-4 in Venue 1, but it was so badly advertised (and organised) that attendance was very low.
starsandsparkles

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 pm

starsandsparkles wrote:
Guest wrote: it was so badly advertised (and organised) that attendance was very low.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby Jono on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:31 pm

This is the point where I, or somebody else, writes an essay in defence of myself, my office, and the union; extolling all the brilliant things that've been done this year. However, I can't argue with anything that's been said above. Well, actually, I challenge the supposed causal relationship between poor organisation (as a separate entity from advertisement) and poor attendance.

For some Union events that are much better: RAG week!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby Hennessy on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:35 pm

It's fair. FAIR.

This isn't ye olde worlde nor is the UK part of the USA yet, if I went to a fayre I'd consider myself lucky to have travelled back in time to a magical themed land where peasants spit roast pigs over an open fire, lords thump goblets of porter onto rough hewn wooden tables and young men swoon over the ankles of the fairy princess. And nobody could spell.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby Al on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:20 pm

Hennessy wrote:A magical themed land where peasants spit roast pigs over an open fire, lords thump goblets of porter onto rough hewn wooden tables and young men swoon over the ankles of the fairy princess.

Sounds like a Debates meal. Apart from the spit roast........pigs.
Al

Postby Hennessy on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Al wrote:
Hennessy wrote:A magical themed land where peasants spit roast pigs over an open fire, lords thump goblets of porter onto rough hewn wooden tables and young men swoon over the ankles of the fairy princess.

Sounds like a Debates meal. Apart from the spit roast........pigs.

Hmm I thought Debates were big fans of a good 'ol spit roast now and again. Really must lose the stuffy image, loosen up a little bit.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board