Home

TheSinner.net

RAG Week

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

RAG Week

Postby RandomMusings on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 pm

So, it's all over for another year (nearly, except for Casablanca tonight and Duchess of Malfi tuesday-thursday of next week). What did people think this year? Having been involved on the technical side of every event in the Union in one way or another, I have to say that an awful lot of variety was put in this year.

It's always nice having an island 'bop/rave', the drummer bop was also interesting and different. Mr St Andrews, the ceilidh and catwalk are all staple parts of the week and were well attended and it was nice to see Mr Stacy Lee get gunged on Friday night at the 'Around the World' event. My personal favourite, however, was the always politically incorrect Amateur Transplants. A fantastic night where the venue was full and people laughing along was great to be a part of. They were also well supported by Blind Mirth and Soul Food Cafe.

A big well done to Mhairi and all others involved in the planning of every event, the rag week volunteers and personal thanks to the Ents for helping make the ideas come to reality. I'm interested to hear other people's opinions of the week... post away!

Phil
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Re: RAG Week

Postby Duggeh on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 am

Who won Mr St Andrews this year and will there ever be a female version?
Duggeh

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:58 am

Having been so deep into RW08 that I could barely see the sides it was nice to be a bit more of a punter for RW09 - and I have to say some of the events were truly spectacular. The Amateur Transplants stand out as exceptional, admirably and brilliantly supported by Blind Mirth and followed by Soul Food Café - great to see them back. Catwalk was a raging success, Mr St Andrews a triumph as ever, and the bingo, as last year, astoundingly successful. Full marks all round.

Duggeh wrote:Who won Mr St Andrews this year and will there ever be a female version?

Mr Bar Staff, probably not, and do we have to have this argument every year?
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Postby Delts on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Alas, between bar work and falling ill yet again I missed most of it, damn.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Return to The Sinner's Main Board