Home

TheSinner.net

conservative Sinner, Conservative St Andrews?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: conservative Sinner, Conservative St Andrews?

Postby Daniel on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 am

Jono wrote:The Sinner certainly does not serve as an identifier of student opinion. I don't think anyone has argued that (except people who want to slag it off for arguments we didn't make).

sheerbrillance wrote:It seems that most folks on The Sinner are not in favour of the current 'occupation,' which I will assume is representative of the majority of the student body because that's how the sinner used to roll.

On a completely different note, I'd like to formally disassociate myself from all mention of the 60's in the context of student protests.

They failed.

Daniel
Daniel

Postby Jono on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Hard to tell, but I think he was being sarcastic. In any event, I was mistaken to refer to The Sinner as "We", seeing as that would imply a coherence that messageboards don't possess.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby Senethro on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 pm

sometimes its difficult to getcoherence at the level of an individual poster
Senethro

Postby Jono on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Senethro wrote:sometimes its difficult to getcoherence at the level of an individual poster

!Shutup! Come near my kids, and i swear i'll do time!!!11
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby David Bean on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Indeed, any board is nothing without its posters, who are themselves all individuals.

But to the OP, I suppose part of the answer is that some of the more vocal posters on this board are also fairly politically minded (or, as in my case, may have become involved in party politics at more senior levels since leaving St Andrews), and some of those happen to be Conservatives. But the debate between the Conservatives and the Labour Party in this country has nothing to do with the 'conservative' Republicans versus the 'liberal' Democrats in the US, in case anyone's in any doubt.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board