Home

TheSinner.net

Morgan Tsvangirai and the Zimbabwe car crash

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Morgan Tsvangirai and the Zimbabwe car crash

Postby Conspiracytheorist on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... truck.html

Surely I am not the only one who smells a huge rat in this story. Yes, it could be a series of extremely unfortunate coincidences, but what are the chances of this being unpolitical and fully accidental? Consider what is involved:

1. Most contentious political appointment in Africa, hated by Mugabe - Tsvangirai

2. They weren't out for a pleasant drive, but heading to a political rally

3. They collided with a "U.S Aid lorry" - A lie? A Hijacked U.S aid lorry? If the event is investigated, could Mugabe say that the U.S attempted to assassinate Tsvangirai with the intention of framing Mugabe and forcing yet more serious pressure on his ability to remain in office?

Perhaps this could be an excuse for Mugabe to persue his ruthless regime ambitions without giving President Obama the trust nearly every other nation in the world is giving him for now.

I generally rubbish all conspiracy theories, but this story really struck me as a deep and evil plot. What do you think?
Conspiracytheorist

Re: Morgan Tsvangirai and the Zimbabwe car crash

Postby Senethro on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:16 pm

no need for a conspiracy theory, this could easily be some zanupf nutjobs acting without higher orders

shit is fucked up
Senethro

Postby What? on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:21 pm

I was very sceptical when I saw the story break, it all seems hugely convenient.

What made it disgusting for me was the pictures of the Mugabes visiting Mr Tsvangerai in hospital and Mrs Mugabe was weeping for him. Crocodile tears much?

Here's more on the vile woman in a story that caught my eye in November: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5581255.ece
What?

Postby RandomMusings on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:52 pm

I too was rather suspicious. I believe the story they broke was that the driver was asleep at the wheel of the lorry. Amazing conincidence that it was Tsvangirai who was hit.

Hmmm, could all be one big accident though, I guess o.O .
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Postby bbp07 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah this is extremely suspicious! It was reported that "it was hit by a lorry which is understood to have swerved into their path to avoid a pothole." And check out the story CNN just posted: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/afric ... index.html
bbp07

Postby Haunted on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Questionable morality aside, why can't we just send in a sniper and kill Mugabe?
I mean really, what's stopping us? I doubt they'll be many tears.

Ok, how about kidnapping him and putting him on trial in the Hague?
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Postby Hennessy on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Haunted wrote:Questionable morality aside, why can't we just send in a sniper and kill Mugabe?
I mean really, what's stopping us? I doubt they'll be many tears.

Ok, how about kidnapping him and putting him on trial in the Hague?

"Former colonial power assassinates African freedom fighter"

In the aftermath of the fatal shooting of the Zimbabwean head of State, Robert Mugabe, and implications of US-British involvement in the assassination, which took place three days ago, there has been palpable outrage from international organisations and neighbouring supporters of the Mugabe regime. The President South Africa has demanded an inquiry, and reaction from the African Union was swift to condemn "imperialist interference" in the region. Furthermore there has been wide denunciation of British and American dealings in Zimbabwe, especially from the General Secretary of the UN, Ban Ki Moon, who has called the alleged intentional murder of a sovereign head of state "irreparably damaging" and an "insult to the charter of the United Nations". Thousands are expected to gather in support of Mugabe at his funeral at the end of the week, and in many African and Middle Eastern countries sympathy demonstrations and vigils have been taking place. In Tehran, where recent international tension has been highest, President Ahmadinejad was also swift to react, telling a conference of assembled journalists that "this action by imperialist Western nations proves they are not to be trusted, and are intent on restoring colonial domination worldwide". Iran has cancelled a round of talks with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton concerning the nuclear moratorium, and today ejected ten British diplomats from their embassy in Tehran.
The effects of the assassination, previously thought to have been a domestic killing, have gripped the world and are expected to set back relations with many developing countries for years to come. The USA and the United Kingdom continue to deny involvement in the attack.

...Is what would happen. Same thing if we kidnapped him, really
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby macgamer on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 pm

What? wrote:Here's more on the vile woman in a story that caught my eye in November: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5581255.ece

What a perfect soul mate for Mr Mugabe.
"Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision."
- G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908
macgamer

Postby Frank on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:01 am

Is it really that unlikely an event that 'things happened as expected'. Check for shenanigans, of course, it's a suspicious situation...but realistically it could well have been an unfortunately timed coincidence of vehicles.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Or bad driving.
Frank

Postby Gubbins on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:08 am

Frank wrote:Is it really that unlikely an event that 'things happened as expected'.

I would agree with you if it were not for one thing: he was travelling as part of a security convoy. That would normally mean that there were vehicles in front of and behind him. It seems rather unfortunate that it should be his vehicle that was hit. Obviously the driver in question is innocent until proven guilty, but taken at face value, there seem to be rather more to this than meets the eye.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Return to The Sinner's Main Board