Home

TheSinner.net

It just goes to show you can't be too careful!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Postby eagle on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 pm

David Mitchell raises a valid point in his column.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... lic-sector

Will the feedback forms be useful to the public sector, or can we anticipate more vitriolic bile aimed at public servants?
eagle

Re: It just goes to show you can't be too careful!

Postby Hennessy on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 pm

If people react to David Mitchell like he's an overweight, overbearing "cunt" perhaps he should take it that way, go on a diet, stop patronising people and cease his cunting ways.

He's always reminded me of two things, the fat kid everyone used to pick on at school who made it big and a frightened shrew. Not that I have ever seen a shrew, let alone a terrified one, but if I did, I bet David Mitchell would spring to mind.

fat cunt.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby RedCelt69 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby the Empress on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Best bits:

'if there's one thing the internet demonstrates it's that a lot of angry people can read.' [looks up *g*]

'It's like I've said the very thing they have been furiously expecting me to say their whole life. Like they're a teenager and I'm their maddening sibling who, with just a syllable out of place, can release a torrent of rage because they SO knew I was going to say that because that's EXACTLY the sort of CRAP that I ALWAYS SAY.' [I totally haven't grown out of this . . because my siblings *do* this. Aargh.]

'Hard copies of this newspaper which are subsequently used to wrap chips.' Here's the real question. Does anyone still get their chips wrapped in newspaper? I miss those days. For the past few years, only evil styrafoam. Which I'm sure I just spelled the hell out of.
the Empress

Postby Andy Monkey B on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm currently wasting a lot of time reading this gem of a website, linked in the above article:

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com

The internet is full of such wonderful people
Andy Monkey B

Postby Lid on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:02 am

Oh get with the times, IYLISMWDYGLT was only at the top of its game when they were leaking the BBC complaints logs, before Nelson implemented the blahblahblah filter. You have to go back at least 4 months for the gold.
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Postby Jono on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:42 am

"it's perfect; it seems lighthearted without being a joke. It's vaguely pertinent to almost any subject without meaning a thing. It's the ideal oil for the internet's troubled waters."

Because throwing oil onto troubled waters is clearly the way to go! A candidate for Colmanballs I suppose.

Better summarised with the following:

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to The Sinner's Main Board