Home

TheSinner.net

Eurobop?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Eurobop?

Postby Cain on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:03 pm

When is the Eurovision Bop? Scandalous gossip suggests that it might be tonight, but I'm not sure.

The Union website is traditionally unhelpful on the matter.

Is there an informed Sinner in the house?
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re: Eurobop?

Postby Garnet on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Last edited by Garnet on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Postby Kegrad on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Yes. It's tonight.
Kegrad

Postby Delts on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm

It was on last night, a lack of eurovision songs though. Yes, there were some but not enough to make it a eurobop. Also, DJ's talking annoys me, ego gone a bit big. I was slightly disappointed with it, Gavin/Spike/DJ Spike/whatever was a tad boring playing his usual set list.

Edit, forgot to say, is America, Fuck Yeah the best thing to play? I saw a ton of folk leave the dance floor in disgust last night.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Lid on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:58 am

Is it only me that sees it an illogical move to have a Eurovision bop three weeks before Eurovision? It's a shame Lëtzebuerg won't be participating, but I'll have to cheer Sweden on in the semis, then sit there waiting for the douze points from Malta for the UK in the final. Maybe if we awarded a GC to every country...
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Postby RandomMusings on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:07 am

Lid, the original idea was that, as part of On The Rocks we were going to have all the various cultural and international societies (eg Scandinavian Soc, German Soc, Asian Soc, Japanese Soc etc) compete in some kind of music competition loosely based on the Eurovision model - which would then morph into a Eurovision Ultra-Cheesey Bop for the rest of the night. However, there was some confusion in the weeks prior to OTR as to who was going to be the one organising this event and as such it didn't materialise. Might be something I look into for next year however.
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Return to The Sinner's Main Board