Home

TheSinner.net

Love

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Love

Postby happy on Sun May 04, 2003 11:12 am

Ain't it grand when you've found that special someone. At first you're too sceptical to believe that this is it, but then everything just gets better and better with each passing day.

Love is the best thing in the world :)
happy

Sceptic

Postby ghettogirl on Sun May 04, 2003 11:19 am

Thats all very nice but its not always hearts and flowers is it? It can in fact be soul destroying beyond the realms of all human comprehension. Our trusted friend Shakespeare had it about right...Romeo and Juliet come to mind.
ghettogirl

Re:

Postby Wong on Sun May 04, 2003 12:21 pm

Love, from my experience of it, really messes people up. Still, good luck to you.

[hr]Cause I'm a Watcher - the Watcher in the Sky
My soul has drowned in the tears I cannot cry
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Sun May 04, 2003 12:29 pm

Love is a funny thing. It's not chocolate boxes and roses like in the classic movies.

Not even like Casablanca.

It's more of a need and a dependency...

[hr]'I said I'd enjoyed talking to them a lot, too. I meant it, too. I'd have enjoyed it even more though, I think, if I hadn't been sort of afraid, the whole time I was talking to them, that they'd all of a sudden try to find out if I was a Catholic.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Sun May 04, 2003 12:34 pm

Love is the best feeling in the world, and the worst. Right now, I'm at the latter half of the scale. And it all comes down to whether your object of affections reciprocates or not...

[hr]We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Sun May 04, 2003 1:41 pm

And sometimes it's both ends of the spectrum simultaneously. My emotional life is so disoriented at the moment that I could fall over if I was lying on the floor.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby MercuryAnna on Sun May 04, 2003 2:01 pm

You guys should hear a song by King Missle called "Love Is..." Lyrics here:

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=95697

It's a GREAT song... :)
MercuryAnna

Re:

Postby nova on Sun May 04, 2003 2:23 pm

love - arrrrgggghh, DON'T DO IT!!!!

[hr]"Won't you tell me, brave captain, why are the wicked so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on."
- Tom Waits
nova

Re:

Postby rae on Sun May 04, 2003 2:34 pm

Love. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ahh, the voice of young cynicism...
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun May 04, 2003 2:36 pm

And it all comes down to whether your object of affections reciprocates or not...

So very true, it really messes with your head.

Re:

Postby loveless on Sun May 04, 2003 2:36 pm

Love?ha!Right now,i,like many others(i believe),am alone and without....love?ha!
loveless

Re:

Postby frustrated on Sun May 04, 2003 2:36 pm

=disappointment
frustrated

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sun May 04, 2003 2:45 pm

bloody pessimists. I'm happy.

[hr]"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun May 04, 2003 2:48 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 15:45, 4th May 2003:

"The worst thing about being unhappy is thinking that you'll never be happy again" - Chuck Palahniuk

Or,

"So, suppose love lives in a mansion, how the hell do i get over the wall?" -Del Amitri

Genuinely pleased for you Dave, but i trust that you can remember what it was like to be like the people posting on this board.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby ghettogirl on Sun May 04, 2003 2:56 pm

[s]MercuryAnna wrote on 15:01, 4th May 2003:
You guys should hear a song by King Missle called "Love Is..." Lyrics here:

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=95697

It's a GREAT song... :)

Mercury Anna its truely terrifying-i like!
ghettogirl

Re:

Postby Anon. on Sun May 04, 2003 5:16 pm

Pshaw, love.

(/me snorts bitterly)
Anon.

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Sun May 04, 2003 5:32 pm

King Missile? Didn't they do the song Detatchable Penis? Officially the worst song of all time

[hr][s]And Trogdor smote the Kerreck and all was laid to burnination![/s]
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sun May 04, 2003 6:24 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 15:48, 4th May 2003:
[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 15:45, 4th May 2003:[i]

Genuinely pleased for you Dave, but i trust that you can remember what it was like to be like the people posting on this board.
[/i]

Absolutely. But I don't really think its a race, or anything to be bitter about.

[hr]
"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Curiosity Killed the Cat on Sun May 04, 2003 7:03 pm

Love can be great but it's when you break up and you get hurt that it can all go bad. Learning to open up to someone and trust someone you love can bbe very difficult when all others have proved that they'd use it against you.
I'm sorry, I just realised how hugely pessimistic it all sounded.
Don't lets even get on to the topic of unrequinted love as that is just horrible, sould destroying and messy (especially if they're a good friend)
Curiosity Killed the Cat

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Sun May 04, 2003 7:35 pm

love is something that you're sure won't ever work when not in it, and something that is the best thing in the world when you are. I don't think it is possible for anyone here to have an objective view.

I was in love, and it was amazing, now it's over and it felt like crap for a while, and now i think i'm falling again, only this time its unlikely they'll ever know due to circumstance. So why bother? The pain is necessary if you want to enjoy being in love at certain points of you life. If you didn't experience both life would be pretty boring.

Being single but like/wanting someone is actually a great feeling, but the only time you can appreciate that is looking back in the future when you'rewith someone. While you're single the fear of not getting them/rejection/being single means that you can't really enjoy it so much. At the moment i feel like i just want to sleep for 6 months, i feel unhappy at the situation before me, but as long as there is a tiny bit of hope, no matterhow small, I'll hold on to that, and enjoy the uncertainty. When you do find someone (as you will eventually) you'll miss the feeling you get when you see/talk to the person you secretly like.
It's extremely hard to believe this when you're so unhappy due to relationships/love, but it's true.

When you're 55 and old and past it a bit you'll wish you were this age again, you'll want to feel this miserable... because its not miserable, it's just all part of life. The pain of love/relationships is what makes love so special, and it makes life worth living.

So come on, lets get some depression you wusses!!!

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread, other than i came to this conclusion recently, and thought id share it.
EviLTwiN

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board