Home

TheSinner.net

BNP gains 2 seats and UKIP gains 13 in EU

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re: BNP gains 2 seats and UKIP gains 13 in EU

Postby Honk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:42 am

the Empress wrote:
You mean, don't comply with the law?

It is one's duty to disobey a bad law.
Honk

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Honk wrote:
the Empress wrote:
You mean, don't comply with the law?

It is one's duty to disobey a bad law.

*IP forwarded to crimestoppers*
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby Jono on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Thought Crime for the win!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby exnihilo on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:58 pm

You're in trouble then!
:D
exnihilo

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Voted Jury Team. I thought about BNP just to shit up the other parties a bit - I couldn't quite bring myself to do it - but the only reason why I thought about it was solely because they are such anathema to mainstream politicians I thought it might send a strong message. I normally vote for one of the mainstream parties but they are such a bunch of sleazy toerages.

If there was a RON or similar that would have got my vote.

Postby Andrew Mackenzie on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Jono wrote:I should have said SBNP. Anyhow, as far as I'm aware the SBNP has no paticular membership requirement. Certainly not any moreso than the political societies currently affiliated. One could argue that they have a de-facto membership requirement of being young white, and tatooed with at least one swastica, but that sort of inference is a slippery slope! One might ask if the Tunnocks society are doing enough to incorperate the non-chocolate-eating student body into its activities, or if the Islamic society were being too blatantly Islamic. With regards to LeftSoc, could the lanti-Thatcherite, anti-Israeli publicity the produced be construed as excluding pro-same from their membership ranks? I had at least one pseudo-complaint aired to me on that subject last year.

Presumably the membership requirements of the BNP extend to it's youth and student wings and, as we've read in the press this week, the constitution of the BNP states that membership is only open to the ‘racial group’ termed ‘Indigenous Caucasian’. (http://bnp.org.uk/Constitution%209th%20 ... 202005.pdf)

That sounds to me pretty racist, and that's before we even get to their vile policies. Most right minded people know the BNP are racists and that Griffin is an idiot but they are an anti-establishment vote. The mainstream parties need to win the argument of ideas and policies; the more they say "don't vote BNP" the more an annoyed electorate will tempted to do it to give the main parties a kicking. There will always a be core group of nutters who vote for the BNP because they agree with them, but a large chunk of their votes are from dissatisfaction.

The reason the BNP won European seats was the collapse of the Labour vote - huge swathes of the country didn't suddenly start voting BNP, just large chunks of Labour voters didn't show up. The job of Labour and all mainstream parties is now to show everyone they are addressing their concerns and that they are really listening.

I will, however, be embarrassed to be a Brit every time Nick Griffin and his other Euro looney toon stand up and claim to be speaking for "the real British people". Ugh...
Andrew Mackenzie

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board