Home

TheSinner.net

Subject You All Hate

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Al on Wed May 07, 2003 10:48 am

Actually, calling it "Prince William's University" is marginally better than the "press" constantly calling it "St Andrew's University". To the best of my knowledge, St Andrew was never a student here. There. Or anywhere.

[hr]"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed May 07, 2003 12:14 pm

Even worse is when they call it a college.

I know somebody is going to jump on and talk about how there's the united colleges of st leonard and st salvatore (add appostrophes as you wish), but it is actually St Andrews University, not St Andrews College

Grr
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Wed May 07, 2003 12:16 pm

He is the most well known to the press therefore they call it William's university. When my family are talking to others they refer to it as Laura's university (Laura being me).

Makes sense to me.
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby Emma on Wed May 07, 2003 1:00 pm

No, Cain, you're right, it's incorrect to call St Andrews a college, because it's a university composed of several colleges.

Grrr.

And, yeah, sometimes my family do refer to it as 'Emma's university'.
Emma

Re:

Postby Anon. on Wed May 07, 2003 1:26 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 13:14, 7th May 2003:
Even worse is when they call it a college.

I know somebody is going to jump on and talk about how there's the united colleges of st leonard and st salvatore (add appostrophes as you wish), but it is actually St Andrews University, not St Andrews College

Actually, it's not St Andrews University, either, but The University of St Andrews.
Anon.

Re:

Postby oaf on Wed May 07, 2003 4:58 pm

i hope he realizes that hell be surrounded by americans. they're all over the place in new york.
oaf

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Wed May 07, 2003 9:49 pm

You obviously have never been to New York.

[hr]I love cheese.
Bonnie

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board