Home

TheSinner.net

Subject You All Hate

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Subject You All Hate

Postby Guest on Mon May 05, 2003 9:23 am

There has been news everywhere that Prince William might be moving to New York after he graduates from St. Andys. It's even been said on CNN and the major news stations in America. Do you think that he just said that to see if someone would sell him out?

ADMIN NOTE: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/05 ... index.html

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Mon May 05, 2003 10:22 am

spot the person who cares
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby kippers on Mon May 05, 2003 9:53 pm

Aaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaa- You are quite clearly a media infiltrator- begone with your sly self.
kippers

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon May 05, 2003 11:29 pm

There was yet an other paparazzo in town today.

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Mon May 05, 2003 11:30 pm

idle speculation. Isn't that what you media types do all day?

[hr]"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue May 06, 2003 12:30 am

No, they just make stuff up and then print it as fact. It's truly laughable the actual factual content of even some "broadsheets" that the UK has.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue May 06, 2003 12:44 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 01:30, 6th May 2003:
No, they just make stuff up and then print it as fact. It's truly laughable the actual factual content of even some "broadsheets" that the UK has.

But the papers don't need to be factual.

I find if I take the stuff that caters to my prejudices as gospel truth, and dismiss the rest as fabrications, then I'm quite happy.

If only everyone else would do the same. :-)

[hr]
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Tue May 06, 2003 8:35 am

psh. why would he want to go to new york? and why are you telling us this?
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby highway_to_hell1982 on Tue May 06, 2003 10:38 am

he would only be in NY for a limited time and then come back to the UK, he cannot stay there since british citizens arent eligible for the green card. if for some reason he is able to stay there for however long, i sure as shit would like to know how he did it. hope its not because he's the damn prince, i'll kick his ass if i saw him then. cannot stand royalty.
highway_to_hell1982

Re:

Postby Amaunet on Tue May 06, 2003 11:14 am

British Citizens arent eligble for the green card? :O But we are allowed to go and study over there for a postgrad or something-right?

[hr]WESTLEY
Hear this now: I will come for you.
BUTTERCUP
But how can you be sure?
WESTLEY
This is true love. You think this happens every day?
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how"

Gone with the Wind
Amaunet

Re:

Postby niall on Tue May 06, 2003 12:39 pm

brittish citizens are eligble for a green card, but wouldnt he (or anyone) get a visa of some sort if they were going to study there?

[hr]I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader
and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled.
niall

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue May 06, 2003 4:22 pm

[s]highway_to_hell1982 wrote on 11:38, 6th May 2003:
he would only be in NY for a limited time and then come back to the UK, he cannot stay there since british citizens arent eligible for the green card. if for some reason he is able to stay there for however long, i sure as shit would like to know how he did it. hope its not because he's the damn prince, i'll kick his ass if i saw him then. cannot stand royalty.

I admit I know nothing about the american immigration system. However, I do know that there are British people who do post-grad stuff in the USA or go and work there straight after University (eg in banks) so I can't see what the problem is.

Re:

Postby MoJo on Tue May 06, 2003 4:22 pm

[s]highway_to_hell1982 wrote on 11:38, 6th May 2003:
he would only be in NY for a limited time and then come back to the UK, he cannot stay there since british citizens arent eligible for the green card.

Since when? I know several Brits with Green cards. There are other type of work visas available as well.
MoJo

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue May 06, 2003 4:26 pm

Does it really matter? That is the one thing I hate about being here. The other day the Sun (and no I don't read it my best mates do though) reported St Andrews as and I quote "Prince William's University" It's not his god damn uni. It is equally mine or anyone elses.

Re:

Postby cheimon on Tue May 06, 2003 10:07 pm

stupid person, the thread had been successfully hijacked and now you go and mess it up
cheimon

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue May 06, 2003 10:24 pm

[s]cheimon wrote on 23:07, 6th May 2003:
stupid person, the thread had been successfully hijacked and now you go and mess it up

hijacking threads is what we do best

To quote from the splendid Face/Off interception! our side's got the ball
(like the dead man walking who "intercepted" my brother's birthday present when the courier delivered it to hall)

[hr]
whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance. Whoever stole my parcel will get much, much worse
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby MoJo on Tue May 06, 2003 11:35 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:55, 6th May 2003:
The other day the Sun (and no I don't read it my best mates do though)

Sure you do. And to quote you, "Does it really matter?"
MoJo

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue May 06, 2003 11:35 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:55, 6th May 2003:
Does it really matter? That is the one thing I hate about being here. The other day the Sun (and no I don't read it my best mates do though) reported St Andrews as and I quote "Prince William's University" It's not his god damn uni. It is equally mine or anyone elses.

Would you get so stressed if someone said that "their home town was St Andrews?"

Re:

Postby highway_to_hell1982 on Wed May 07, 2003 3:25 am

Well I want to move to LA to start my life and to start my career after my 4 years here! How do those 'bankers' able to move there? My career will not be in business but in entertainment (film/tv production)...
highway_to_hell1982

Re:

Postby Emma on Wed May 07, 2003 9:57 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 17:56, 6th May 2003:
[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:55, 6th May 2003:[i]

Would you get so stressed if someone said that "their home town was St Andrews?"
[/i]

That's completely different. If someone's lived here for twenty years, of course it's their town. The person in question has only been here for two. I've been here for twice as long as he has and people don't call it 'Emma's university'.
Emma

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board