Home

TheSinner.net

Venue 1 Thursday Nite

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Venue 1 Thursday Nite

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 07, 2003 5:04 pm

Finnaly, what you have all been waiting for. This Thursday for 1 nite only theres gonna be real DJ's in venue 1.

No more bad mixes(or no mixes in some cases) , no more cd's, only records for these guys. 100% quality tracks back to back for 4 hours.

Entry is free, so theres no reason you can't pop in to see.

See you there, venue 1 thursday nite normal time.

Don't forget, happy hour is from 9-10, so get there early

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed May 07, 2003 5:28 pm

"Night"... it's "night".

[hr]Cause I'm a Watcher - the Watcher in the Sky
My soul has drowned in the tears I cannot cry
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 07, 2003 5:30 pm

The reason i use nite when on thee net is because it has less letters than night. I know thats not a good example, bu things like ppl instead of people really spead up typing

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Wed May 07, 2003 6:29 pm

And the reason you've bigged up the 'nite' is just cos your brother is the DJ.

[hr]'I said I wasn't blaming Jesus or anything. It wasn't His fault that He didn't have any time.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby Ashley on Wed May 07, 2003 6:57 pm

Alright, alright, shameless plugging but I'd do the same. What kind of music is there going to be, then? I'd love to start something next year myself when I've my records up.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Wed May 07, 2003 6:59 pm

[s]munchingfoo wrote on 18:30, 7th May 2003:
The reason i use nite when on thee net is because it has less letters than night. I know thats not a good example, bu things like ppl instead of people really spead up typing

So what's your excuse for "thee" then?
[hr][s]"A bell is a cup... Until it is struck"
- wire[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed May 07, 2003 7:11 pm

Or indeed any other of the horrendous typing errors you made in that post <¦-D

Wong

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Wed May 07, 2003 7:26 pm

this is a message board give the guy a break. i'll probably have a look in. if the djs are good it could be worthwhile.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 07, 2003 7:30 pm

I hardly think the errors were horrendous, this is very petty, and has nothing to do with post, or almost any post for that matter. If you understand enough of what I am saying to complain, then there is no problem with what I write. This isn't an english test, it's an informal message board, where, usually drunk or tired people, write about other peoples idea's. Everybody makes typing mistakes, some more than others and most people use shortened versions of english words on the net(thee was a mistake FYI). Stop being so pedantic and quite frankly arogant about the matter. There was a thread a while ago about correcting peoples spelling and the general consensus of opinion is that those who criticise are just being petty.

Please don't

P.S.
If there are errors in this I couldn't give two monkeys. I haven't read it over and never intend to

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 07, 2003 7:34 pm

It's a nite of commercial and non commercial dance, house style stuff. Mostly bootleg for anyone who knows what that means.

There is information about it on the unions webpage I think.

Try

http://www.yourunion.net/main/ents

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed May 07, 2003 8:21 pm

Sorry, I wasn't being serious. Although I am a bit obsessive about that kind of thing.

Wong

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 07, 2003 9:46 pm

It's cool, just though you were being wide(in reference to wide see earlier posts on neds)

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 am

[s]Ashley wrote on 19:57, 7th May 2003:
Alright, alright, shameless plugging but I'd do the same. What kind of music is there going to be, then? I'd love to start something next year myself when I've my records up.

Then you need to speack to me. If you want to run an event for the onion, then I'd be really happy to speak to you.
Oh, and the bootleg is gonna be good to hear, its not like we ever get that in the onion. Is there going to be much whitelabel tonight?

[hr]
"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu May 08, 2003 7:52 am

Yeh there should be some white label, and some limited a=edition stuff. But I was told that it was to mainly be a commercial dance/house night.

Guess you'll just have to come along and find out.

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Oli on Thu May 08, 2003 10:26 am

Are bootlegs the same as mashups?

And what is a FYI?
Oli

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu May 08, 2003 11:34 am

[s]Oli wrote on 11:26, 8th May 2003:
And what is a FYI?

for your information
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Ashley on Thu May 08, 2003 11:51 am

More or less, Oli. Bootlegs don't mean albums of someone's dictaphone recording from the third row of a Bob Dylan concert in this context anyway..

I suppose if you're really picky, a bootleg could be just any official remix, not just a mish-mash of two tracks or so à la Soulwax, I guess.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu May 08, 2003 12:24 pm

yeh bootleg in this case is chart songs with a dance/house back beat. It's pretty funky. Will be great

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu May 08, 2003 12:33 pm

But I play that anyway, as in Skeelo vs Eye of the Tiger, and Britney vs Eminem etc, etc.
And on a moot point, not all our mixes are bad.

[hr]"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby striker on Thu May 08, 2003 3:48 pm

I guess thats a matter of opinion Mr Comedy.

Mostly the state of the mixing and music in the union is dire.

I appreciate it might not all be like that, but the vast majority is.
striker

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board