Home

TheSinner.net

new TV's

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

new TV's

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 8:09 am

Does any one else think that the New TV's in the libary and New Hall giving you information are a complete waste of money? Are they in any other halls? The UNI could save money and just send this information all out in an email or something.

Re:

Postby fiftyfive on Fri May 09, 2003 8:11 am

Have to do SOMETHING with all that money you know!
Maybe the Principal likes to swim around in a vault full of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck
fiftyfive

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri May 09, 2003 9:50 am

i fail to see the point of the TVs.

It's not even like they use moving images. You could use a PC screensaver or even, GOD FORBID! a notice board. Wait, there's a notice board there already!

It makes less than sense

While i can imagine the principal swimming around in money like Scrooge McDuck, i'd like to think that, unlike Scrooge, he does wear trousers all the time.

[hr]
whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby gingerbeer on Fri May 09, 2003 9:55 am

But how do you know the Principal wears trousers? I've never seen him except for when he's behind a desk of some sort, so you can't tell and in all the pictures of him you can't see his legs.

[hr]It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett
gingerbeer

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri May 09, 2003 10:14 am

[s]gingerbeer wrote on 10:55, 9th May 2003:
But how do you know the Principal wears trousers? I've never seen him except for when he's behind a desk of some sort, so you can't tell and in all the pictures of him you can't see his legs.

I said i'd like to think that he wears trousers. I'm not shouting, just so that it stands out against your italicised refernces.

Since the bacon watch was such an involving success, who's up for a principal's trouser watch, where we each write in when we see the main man suitably attired?
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/government/poffice/lang.jpg
This is your target. go forth and find his legs

actually, that sounds about as good an idea as installing TVs in the library foyer, and less fun.

[hr]
I'm Johnny Knoxville, and this is Invading Russia in the Winter

Edited so many times because i keep forgetting how to add pictures
Cain

Re:

Postby P. Parker on Fri May 09, 2003 11:11 am

You mean everybody doesn't think that they're the world's best invention?

I should delete that post if I was you young man, you're bringing the university into disrepute. A public web forum is no place for expressing your feelings on the matter.

[hr]"[Hard] Work is next to Godliness"
P. Parker

The principal's legs

Postby mossop on Fri May 09, 2003 11:12 am

Sorry guys, I saw him in the old union diner once, and he definitely had legs. He was wearing trousers too.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri May 09, 2003 11:16 am

[s]mossop wrote on 12:12, 9th May 2003:
Sorry guys, I saw him in the old union diner once, and he definitely had legs. He was wearing trousers too.

We have a winner!
Cain

Re:

Postby mossop on Fri May 09, 2003 11:23 am

[s]Cain wrote on 12:16, 9th May 2003:

We have a winner!

Yay me!!!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Fri May 09, 2003 11:40 am

The idea of the SIPS system is to advertise various information and events in the university. It is massively cheaper than most forms of advertising given that it has such a wide distribution, and is currently undergoing a trial in New Hall, The Onion, and The Library. Its kind of in its early stage at the moment, but could get better with time as people begin to get creative and put decent adverts on there for useful stuff.
Examples of what it could include are future events, changes to times and dates, the nightline number, etc.
Its also kind of interesting to look at whilst you are drunk.
But it is trialling at the moment, so let Kirsty know what you think of it if you have any ideas..

[hr]"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Administrator on Fri May 09, 2003 11:43 am

IMAGE:www.thesinner.co.uk/graphics/olduniondinner/people.jpg

Proof!

James Baster.
Administrator

Bacon Watch

Postby Mr Comedy on Fri May 09, 2003 11:51 am

Two points -
1)Rory has cunningly concealed his bacon roll inside the gown. The knowing grin is very telling.
2)Who is that guy with the huge mohican?

[hr]"A Happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." Hugh Downs
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby jennyo on Fri May 09, 2003 4:10 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 12:51, 9th May 2003:[i]

2)Who is that guy with the huge mohican?

It's Jack Vettriano, the artist who donated a painting to the fashion show and did a masterclass in town a few weeks ago. Don't know why he's got the huge Arsenio Hall flat-top hairdo though
Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
jennyo

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Fri May 09, 2003 4:20 pm

Or why the principal's hand is behind Mr Vettriano's back.

I wonder what he could be doing?
John Stewart

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri May 09, 2003 4:22 pm

[s]jennyo wrote on 17:10, 9th May 2003:

It's Jack Vettriano, the artist who donated a painting to the fashion show and did a masterclass in town a few weeks ago. Don't know why he's got the huge Arsenio Hall flat-top hairdo though

It's probably to conceal emergency supplies of danepak and hovis and a small primus stove, in case the presentation drags on too long

[hr]
whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance
Cain

Return to The Sinner's Main Board