Home

TheSinner.net

Comedy Value

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Comedy Value

Postby MisterGrumps on Sun May 11, 2003 9:24 pm

MisterGrumps

Re:

Postby Dj Balloon on Sun May 11, 2003 9:50 pm

hehe, that's pretty good. I don't know if I prefer that or the kittens one at www.rathergood.com :)
Arse arsonist's forfeit refreshment
Dj Balloon

Re:

Postby Alex Rennie on Sun May 11, 2003 10:22 pm

I have to say, that's the best 'comedy web video' i've ever seen. And i've seen a fair few.

It must have taken them ages to get the lip-sync so perfect on Bush and Blair :) Well done that man (or woman.)!
Alex Rennie

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue May 13, 2003 9:17 am

[s]Alex Rennie wrote on 23:22, 11th May 2003:
I have to say, that's the best 'comedy web video' i've ever seen. And i've seen a fair few.

It must have taken them ages to get the lip-sync so perfect on Bush and Blair :) Well done that man (or woman.)!

what about the phoney state of the nation address? that one was realy well done. Granted, they were actual quotes, but they were put together so well that it didn't sound like it had been butchered from different speeches.

if anybody knows where to get it, can they post it up here?

and Gay Bar is a quality tune. electric six do do some funky stuff. Naked Photos is on the cover CD for this month's BANG! magazine - worth the cover price alone.

[hr]
I met a man with a most peculiar name
MC Sucka DJ
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Emma on Tue May 13, 2003 9:58 am

As I remember, the Bush speech was at http://www.fuckitall.com
Emma

Re:

Postby RichZ on Tue May 13, 2003 11:39 am

Both classics.

I must admit though I did think the state of the nation speech was real for first 1/3 or even 1/2 of it! It is really good, I think it's all the standing ovations and that woman nodding all the time which give it away (apart from what he's saying of course!)
RichZ

Re:

Postby nova on Tue May 13, 2003 1:01 pm

That is absolutely brilliant. But I will never be able to listen to the song again now without seeing those two.

[hr]"Won't you tell me, brave captain, why are the wicked so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on."
- Tom Waits
nova

Re:

Postby Alex Rennie on Tue May 13, 2003 1:20 pm

I have to say, I still think the 'gay bar' video is better. But, both great.
Alex Rennie

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue May 13, 2003 1:27 pm

has anybody seen the actual video for Gay bar?

having said that, it might not be such a bad idea for Electric Six to buy that Blair/Bush video and use that to promote the song - more controversial than t.A.t.U.

[hr]
whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance
Cain

Re:

Postby MisterGrumps on Tue May 13, 2003 2:10 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see the real Gay Bar video - is it out there (online)? Anyone know a link???!!!! I've heard that it's *controversial*, but don't know how accurate that is....

Thanks
MisterGrumps

Re:

Postby Cain on Tue May 13, 2003 3:11 pm

[s]MisterGrumps wrote on 15:10, 13th May 2003:
I've heard that it's *controversial*, but don't know how accurate that is....

Controversial? you could say that, according to what i've just read on www.res.com

"Gay Bar" for Electric Six reunites the band's disturbingly photogenic front man with "Danger! High Voltage!" directors Kuntz and Maguire. As a jangly guitar riff opens the song, a painting of the White House, circa 1863 appears; as the song continues, the camera zooms into the painting revealing a top-hatted figure. The live action cuts in to reveal Abe Lincoln belting out the song's chorus ("You! I wanna take you to a gay bar") from within the Oval Office. Mysteriously, Lincoln clones appear to either side of the great emancipator and join in the song. Soon, the bearded one is revealed riding an exercise bike, flanked by nearly naked clones pumping iron and breaking a sweat. Lincoln leads his band of amorous duplicates through an orgy of homoerotic images involving hamsters, gourds, bathtubs, leather, stripper poles and a frilly, lace-covered four-poster bed. The video merges with the song in a mix of ironic energy and shocking displays of tongue-in-cheek Lincoln- on-Lincoln lust.
"There are rumors that Lincoln was actually gay, that was our stepping off point," says Tom Kuntz. "We thought top hats, the White House and well, texturally it all seemed to make sense."
Shot in Toronto on a set originally built for the filming of Murder at 1600, the video is most likely the directing duo's last effort before beginning production on their first feature film, based on a script created by the razor sharp satirists behind The Onion.

however, another music site said that the song has been delayed because of the line "Start a nuclear war at the Gay bar," and that the band are writing alternate verses, maybe even an alternate video.

Just when you thought that Danger! High Voltage was the funniest video of the year.

[hr]
whoever kills Cain will suffer a sevenfold vengeance
Cain

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Wed May 14, 2003 1:33 am

seen it on MTV2 - Gay Bar nuclear war is replaced by clapping,and there are a variety of phallic objects for "I've got something to put in you"
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby HappyCamper on Fri May 16, 2003 2:33 pm

thought this went well with the video - www.idlewords.com/explosions.html
HappyCamper

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Tue May 20, 2003 12:45 pm

If you want to see the proper gay bar vid then go to nme.com

[hr]'I said I wasn't blaming Jesus or anything. It wasn't His fault that He didn't have any time.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Return to The Sinner's Main Board