Home

TheSinner.net

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sun May 18, 2003 7:24 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Wong on Sun May 18, 2003 7:37 pm

You don't even want to _know_ about my dreams, but that's certainly a contender.

[hr]Cause I'm a Watcher - the Watcher in the Sky
My soul has drowned in the tears I cannot cry
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sun May 18, 2003 7:43 pm

I also have had the same dream on numerous occasions.

It involves some sort of a shopping mall, but with adventure or action game elements, such as some dungeons and corridors and elevators. The elevators are pods that we (I, rather) have to make a fairly difficult jump to, or else fall into some deadly acid.
Except a couple of nights ago, it got a bit warped, as there was some acid on the tray of the lift as well, but I was assured that it was still safe to go onto them.

I can't really put the scenario into words, although I am sure that I'll be able to picture it a bit better in my awake form, after I dream it a few more times.

Yay I'm wierd.
[hr]
IMAGE:audiotracker.bamboozled.org/remote/song.php/RaphX

and on the eighth day, we bulldozed it.
RaphX

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun May 18, 2003 7:47 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 20:37, 18th May 2003:
You don't even want to _know_ about my dreams, but that's certainly a contender.

i have a few wierd dreams, but the worst bit is where you don't remember them when you wake up, but they come back to you halfway through the day. having the wierdest, most random and sometimes twisted thought pop into your head, and knowing that your subconscious must have created it, is quite an unnerving and sobering thought.

more than once have i stopped walking down north street and said out loud "holy joe. did i really dream that."

[hr]
we've done time for stealing shows, there ain't nothing we don't know
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sun May 18, 2003 8:22 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Zen on Sun May 18, 2003 8:57 pm

I used to have a reoccuring nightmare where i was chased by broccoli which had little legs and tiny little converse sneakers.....it got to the stage that i was afraid to go to sleep because i knew i'd dream of broccoli. I have never hated a vegetable more.
Zen

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sun May 18, 2003 9:51 pm

my dreams are considerably naffer.
I am either a world footballing god, or I am some super fit crack commando, or I find I can solve all problems, etc, etc.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sun May 18, 2003 10:32 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 22:51, 18th May 2003:
I am either a world footballing god, or I am some super fit crack commando, or I find I can solve all problems, etc, etc.

Permission to call you an idiot, please.

[hr]
IMAGE:audiotracker.bamboozled.org/remote/song.php/RaphX

RaphX

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sun May 18, 2003 10:42 pm

[s]RaphX wrote on 23:32, 18th May 2003:[i]

Permission to call you an idiot, please.

Denied!
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Plette on Sun May 18, 2003 10:42 pm

My dreams tend to often be adventure based...I'm always on some kind of quest, or have some specific mission to accomplish. They sometimes get really complex...once I had a dream that I had to save this group of children from an army of medieval English soldiers (don't ask, I have no idea) and we hid in this swamp until some old witch found us...then we stayed in her house until the soldiers showed up at the front door, and we snuck out the back...then we ended up in some huge forest where the trees were alive and grew and shrunk when you asked them to...yeah. Weird stuff like that.

Then again, sometimes I just have nice dreams about doing everyday things with close friends. The only member of my family I've ever dreamed about is my brother...

Honestly I don't think dreams ever have one specific meaning...I think of it as your subconscious mind playing around with the thoughts and memories and impressions you've been exposed to lately.

[hr]Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Plette

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun May 18, 2003 11:18 pm

A friend of mine used to dream about giant flying danish pastries chasing her roomate around the room.

One of my flatmates has incredibly odd dreams, including satanic tumble dryers.

[hr]“He's turning down sex when there are children in Europe who can't get dates?" random churchgoer, 'Jeffrey'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Al on Sun May 18, 2003 11:26 pm

I used to have a recurring nightmare about being trapped at the foot of an incredibly high wall. I stopped having the dream in time. I don't know why. I guess I just got over it.

[hr]"Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world."
Al

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun May 18, 2003 11:31 pm

[s]Al wrote on 00:26, 19th May 2003:
I used to have a recurring nightmare about being trapped at the foot of an incredibly high wall. I stopped having the dream in time. I don't know why. I guess I just got over it.

*winces*

[hr]
“He's turning down sex when there are children in Europe who can't get dates?" random churchgoer, 'Jeffrey'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sun May 18, 2003 11:32 pm

^ lol

[hr]IMAGE:audiotracker.bamboozled.org/remote/song.php/RaphX

RaphX

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Mon May 19, 2003 7:27 am

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Mon May 19, 2003 7:33 am

CarolynSD

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Mon May 19, 2003 8:40 am

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 22:51, 18th May 2003:

Actually Comedy I think you'll find those dreams are about me.

[hr]
'I said I wasn't blaming Jesus or anything. It wasn't His fault that He didn't have any time.'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby anon on Mon May 19, 2003 8:45 am

"Does anyone think they can interpret it"

i find it helps to reinterpret my dreams in very general terms, then i can figure out if anything i dream about is a symbol for something else. ex: you are running down a hill with someone when a very conspicuous vehicle (pink mini, obviously) arrives and someone/thing inside (bear) tries to maim you (gun). but amazingly you survive. so, is there something in your life that is an obvious source of danger or angst but you are managing to keep ahead of it, even though you feel like you're spiralling downward out of control? like exams or a relationship?

or maybe you are just completely mad...
anon

Re:

Postby Leticia on Mon May 19, 2003 8:45 am

[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 20:24, 18th May 2003:

I'm running along a hill with a friend. All of a sudden, a pink mini turns up moving alongside us. There is a grizzly bear inside trying to claw its way out of the back window...!
Somehow I get miles ahead of the car and then the bear pulls out a shot gun and shoots several times.
It misses every time then I wake up.

[hr]

I definitely think this dream is about something that has “awoken” inside of you.

You running along the hill with a friend means that you have help during a recent struggle/obstacle, but because the hill isn’t a mountain, it really isn’t anything big.

The pink mini is a bit harder to interpret. Many times, our subconscious tends to associate Pink with our mothers and a lack of unconditional love on their part.

I think the reason the color pink was manifested in the form of a car, was to keep the bear in. Since many people know that bears hibernate and can become gruesome if awoken early, this regularly manifests in dreams. The bear trying to keep itself in the car seems to have awoken too early and is trying to get out. (did you do something without first thinking about it?…btw, do you remember who was driving the car?)

How you suddenly end up miles in front of the car is most likely a time lapse to get straight to the point. The point being that a car wasn’t going to keep a huge bear in, especially one that was pissed off. And now that the bear has broke out of the car, he is many, many times stronger than before, due to the prescence of the shotgun.

Ok, I know a lot of this sounds like crap, but it’s a fun thing to do.
Leticia

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Mon May 19, 2003 9:20 am

CarolynSD

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board