Home

TheSinner.net

the was once a day that...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

the was once a day that...

Postby stan on Wed May 21, 2003 12:04 pm

...seeing a random woman you've never seen before walk around the house you were convinced was empty drapped in nothing but a towel as odd.
there was once a day when three housemates digging a random hole in the ground would strike me as odd.
there was once a day when housemates loading a wheelbarrow with bricks at random nocturnal hours would strike me as odd.
then i moved into fife park and now nothing seems odd. sooo many things happen here its unreal. is all of st andrews like this?
stan

Re:

Postby Manson on Wed May 21, 2003 12:11 pm

yes. fridges have been known to randomly appear in my house. people think its fine to leave razorblades (RAZORBLADES!) sitting on the common room floor.

[hr]"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant"
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

Re:

Postby Manson on Wed May 21, 2003 12:12 pm

not to mention the time my housemate burst into my room drunk and totally naked at 5 am looking for his radio. luckily both me and my girlfriend had a sense of humour

[hr]"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant"
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

Re:

Postby Curiosity Killed the Cat on Thu May 22, 2003 5:19 pm

My friend had a girl in first year walk into herroom very pissed who tottered across the room and quite calmly pissed in the corner of her room onto her clothes and books!
Strangely enough my friend was less than amused!
Curiosity Killed the Cat

Re:

Postby anarchy2000 on Thu May 22, 2003 6:32 pm

A friend and I were delighted to spot a young lady sunbathing in the nude in a garden near to ours. Unfortunately however, she was lying face down.
We sat and watched her for over an hour, hoping that she would turn over, but she didn't. As you can imagine, neither of us saw the fanny side.
anarchy2000

Re:

Postby Valen_gr on Thu May 22, 2003 6:42 pm

Seeing your hallmates carry a bed sheets covers and all into north street at 3am is perfectly normal

[hr]where's spoon????
-There is no spoon!!
[i:3qoywpzu]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe....[/i:3qoywpzu]
Valen_gr

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu May 22, 2003 7:03 pm

Seeing Donocle propel himself into any body of water after the excessive consumption of alcohol is almost a regular event by which may set ones watch.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Valen_gr on Thu May 22, 2003 7:35 pm

is donocle that donald with the glass monocle?

[hr]where's spoon????
-There is no spoon!!
[i:3qoywpzu]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe....[/i:3qoywpzu]
Valen_gr

Re:

Postby Colin on Thu May 22, 2003 7:38 pm

[s]Valen_gr wrote on 19:42, 22nd May 2003:
Seeing your hallmates carry a bed sheets covers and all into north street at 3am is perfectly normal

We would have put it in the cabbage patch, but its owners room is on the north side of the building, so he wouldn't see it there. Putting it where he couldn't see it would have been mean.
Colin

Re:

Postby RaphX on Thu May 22, 2003 7:38 pm

Indeed he is.

[hr]IMAGE:audiotracker.bamboozled.org/remote/song.php/RaphX

and on the eighth day, we bulldozed it.
RaphX

Re:

Postby Milan-AC on Sat May 24, 2003 10:26 am

There's nothing strange about walking off with 3 wheelbarrow loads of bricks if you need them, and it's not like Dave is goin to stop you watchen his fishin programs in the common room.

Strange is having a race to go from the All Nite garage in a straight line all the way to East Sands. Our current and only record is 2h20ish minutes.
Milan-AC

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Sat May 24, 2003 5:12 pm

Maybe I'm strangley dumb, but please explain the straight line East Sands/ all night garage thing. Why did this take over 2 hours? What do you mean by race in a straight line?
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Alex Rennie on Sat May 24, 2003 5:40 pm

Yeah Hewitt. Explain this stupid race story.
Alex Rennie

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat May 24, 2003 7:32 pm

[s]Bonnie wrote on 18:12, 24th May 2003:
Maybe I'm strangley dumb, but please explain the straight line East Sands/ all night garage thing. Why did this take over 2 hours? What do you mean by race in a straight line?

If he really means straight line, it would envolve scaling walls, fences, the kinessburn, and all manner of urban obsticals. Which could well take a while.

Re:

Postby Milan-AC on Sun May 25, 2003 3:02 am

Did we not tell you Rennie? Me and Moyersy did a race over gardens and what not all the way to Stoney's house. Over hospitals, Regs, rivers and shit. Then decided we'd already come so far that we'd go that extra bit to East Sands.

A great nite, tho not quite on par with a certain trip to Ninewells where some individual drunk fabric softener and another individual was up till 5am running around naked vomitting everywhere. Now that was quite a nite to remember.
Milan-AC

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sun May 25, 2003 12:42 pm

Drinking fabric softener? Ick.

I heard a story about two youths caught by the police in a warehouse. One was trying to eat fireworks, and the other was drinking battery acid.

They charged one, but let the other one off.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun May 25, 2003 12:58 pm

[s]Thackary wrote on 13:42, 25th May 2003:
Drinking fabric softener? Ick.

I heard a story about two youths caught by the police in a warehouse. One was trying to eat fireworks, and the other was drinking battery acid.

They charged one, but let the other one off.

Ho Ho Ho!

as for the whole "not surprised" thread, there was a time when i would have been surprised to hear that down the corridor from me was a trail of shite leading to the shower, where it extravagantly ended.

i decided not to venture down there to have a look.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Alex Rennie on Sun May 25, 2003 1:09 pm

No, never heard about that one Hewitt, although I remember the other one quite well...not that it was me in Ninewells..
Alex Rennie

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sun May 25, 2003 1:47 pm

i wouldn't of thought it was possible:
- To wake up in the scoop of a digger clutching a bottle of buckfast
- To not remember going leaving one pub, going to TPs, downing two pitchers, going to ninewells
- To try to climb a crane at half four in the afternoon
- To head off on your own and skinnydip in the botanical gardens
- Turf a 6 block corridor "So we can play 5 a side football"
- Abseilling off the roof of melville to steal an england flag out a room
- throwing up in the all night garage
- Waking up with a thong, and not remembering how you got it. And your male friend has one too, and he doesn't know how he got that.

...until I moved into melville!
There is a small prize (i.e, a pint) for the first person to correctly guess how many of these I was involved in. And its not all of them.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun May 25, 2003 3:10 pm

skinnydipping sounds more like a Donald thing

Return to The Sinner's Main Board