Home

TheSinner.net

Amusing Stories from the Past Year

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Amusing Stories from the Past Year

Postby Zombie Sheep on Mon May 26, 2003 7:57 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any - there must be a few! Recently Fife Health Board published my room number as a contact for a heart attack victims support group. So I had a load of old people moaning at me over the phone!

[hr]Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby niall on Mon May 26, 2003 8:31 pm

emm... sinner dinner, need i say more?!

[hr]do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum
niall

Re:

Postby Valen_gr on Mon May 26, 2003 9:14 pm

my phone number last year was restel number reversed.. I got all the dyslexic people in the uni calling me thinking I was restel.BUT it does not end here, seems like my phone number resembled some posh hotel, so every so often people would call to book a room etc...Oh and once someone called at 4am waking my roomate and I up and kinldly asked if he could be connected to room 406....
I am glad i have changed number now, poor bastard who inherited it this year!lol

[hr]where's spoon????
-There is no spoon!!
[i:3qoywpzu]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe....[/i:3qoywpzu]
Valen_gr

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Mon May 26, 2003 9:17 pm

Keep in mind that I'm taking this totally out of context:

10 saying to me "Bonnie, I look forward to seeing your breasts." (on Saturday night when he was quite pissed. He probably doesn't even remember saying it.)
Bonnie

oh the things that will happen when one is drunk

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Mon May 26, 2003 9:35 pm

walking in to the all night garage at 2am with a friend dressed in (from top to bottom) a cowboy hat, dressing gown, plastic toy stethoscope, track pants and velco trainers. This is just after a brief photo shoot were he didn't have the track pants on and had a pair of cowboy boots on in place of the trainers...want to see pictures community.webshots.com/user/jrabenbe. click on the folder "edd, on being edd"

[hr]"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
KMart Cowgirl

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon May 26, 2003 10:18 pm

I'll see you in court for defamation of character Ms. Ryder! ;)
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Al on Mon May 26, 2003 10:44 pm

Whose character is being defamed?

[hr]Rompiendo la monotonia del tiempo
Al

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon May 26, 2003 10:53 pm

I thought mine but then I realised that drunk or sober that's the kind of thing I'd say.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Amanda on Mon May 26, 2003 11:15 pm

my room number in the new hall study room was similar to some rail information line - i kept getting calls asking for timetables etc. kind of annoying. but then i put hakuna matata on my answer phone, which must've confused people calling for train times!

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue May 27, 2003 12:28 am

I don't remember too much. I was wasted..
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue May 27, 2003 1:28 am

I recall a certain fence making its way all the way from outside the Union to the Melville mound...
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby niall on Tue May 27, 2003 7:39 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 02:28, 27th May 2003:
I recall a certain fence making its way all the way from outside the Union to the Melville mound...

i've already mentioned the sinner dinner! :P

[hr]
do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum
niall

Re:

Postby Manson on Tue May 27, 2003 9:32 am

i got a lot of calls in my new hall rooom last year from people who thought I was the cinema.

[hr]"Brunelleschi is magic"
http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~sauras
Manson

Re:

Postby mossop on Tue May 27, 2003 10:05 am

When did Edd do that to his hair?!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby meget_sjovt on Tue May 27, 2003 10:56 am

So are heart attacks intrinsically funny? And are the victims and families of them 'moaning' funny too? I think not. I think a slight rephrasing of your post may have been in order.
meget_sjovt

Re:

Postby littlemissnaughty83 on Tue May 27, 2003 10:58 am

my most amusing story from the past year was doing an overhead kick in the toilets of the mardi, and getting rushed to hospital by ambulance with severe concussion. Painful at the time and for a few days after but funny looking back at it.
littlemissnaughty83

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue May 27, 2003 10:59 am

[s]Unregisted User meget_sjovt wrote on 21:15, 26th May 2003:
So are heart attacks intrinsically funny? And are the victims and families of them 'moaning' funny too? I think not. I think a slight rephrasing of your post may have been in order.

Dont be such a tit. You know perfectly well what my post was concerning - the fact that I had my number published as something it wasnt, and a load of peopel complaining that it was my fault. Read the post again and I think you'll find it doesnt need rephrased. Why you have to have a go at me for writing that I can only wonder.

[hr]
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together!
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby NicC on Wed May 28, 2003 2:23 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 02:28, 27th May 2003:

Always wondered who was responsible for adorning the Mound. My New Hall room overlooks it, and I've been repeatedly bemused/amused by the succession of things finding their way there this year: a small green sofa, an old bicycle, a wheelie bin, a girl getting a mock-professional haircut (pure genius), plus all the requisite traffic cones and road signs.

Make the view towards Melville more entertaining. ;-)

[hr]
"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."
--Steed, The Avengers

Soldier in the War on the Brain since October 2002
"'Our Mrs Peel in Ladies Underwear'. I rattled up the stairs three at a time..."
--Steed, [i:2vbfuimg]The Avengers[/i:2vbfuimg]

Soldier in the War on the Brain since October 2002
NicC

Cheeky Foodstuffs

Postby Paul McF on Wed May 28, 2003 10:16 pm

[s]KMart Cowgirl wrote on 22:35, 26th May 2003:

[hr]"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!

That's nothing Emily. I went in to my cupboard the other day and there was this bag of prunes just lying there doing nothing except coughing and giggling now and again at nothing in particular...
...stoned they were, every last one of them, the cheeky monkeys ! As for the High Juice...well that's where I drew the line.....quite a fat line for that matter !
Paul McF

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Thu May 29, 2003 1:43 pm

my most amusing story from the past year was doing an overhead kick in the toilets of the mardi

confusing. what were you trying to kick & why? attempting a bicycle kick is risky enough on plain grass but there?! were you attempting to pre-book your place in heaven next to Pele?

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
Blessed Benediction

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board