Home

TheSinner.net

I am a sad clown on the inside

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

I am a sad clown on the inside

Postby Flight Steward Gandalf on Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:08 am

Toys, the fun things we used to play with when we were younger and had not discovered beer.

I was thinking about this today, i was a bit bored, and i thought that if i could have been any toy in the world i would have been a little stuffed toy clown. With a little red nose and kewl green dungarees. What would you have been?

[hr]Do or die! Or just stay in bed
Do or die! Or just stay in bed
Flight Steward Gandalf

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:40 am

Ultra Magnus - obviously. The big one with the big trailer and stuff. My prized possession when I was 8 or thereabouts.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby medea on Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:31 am

I would have been Jem. Fab pop star with a super glitzy 80's wardrobe. And a tres hunky boyfriend called Rio - (he wore a sweatband).

What a life.
medea

Show time synergy

Postby Guided By Vices on Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:48 am

I'd have preferred to have been in the Misfits myself.

I wouldn't have minded being an Action Man, at least one with eagle-eyes anyway but I think maybe I'd like to be a teddy bear (ahh). For some reason I think of teddy bears as being very long-lived, which is obviously a good thing.
Guided By Vices

Re:

Postby Sarah on Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:03 am

I would have wanted to be either Rainbow Brite or She-Ra as they had nice horses. I can even remember She-Ra's horse's name - Spirit. Sad innit.
Sarah

Barbie

Postby Bonnie on Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:55 pm

Yeah, I know tht sounds superficial, but she got to do everything! She could be any career, could eventually talk, had a mansion, nice cars, the best clothes, little brothers and sisters, friends, and you know Ken never tried to boss her around (considering he didn't have the "brains" to try). But their sex life must have been boring (unless he did a lot to make up for his lack of "brains".)

[hr]I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Anon. on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:44 pm

[s]Bonnie wrote on 22:55, 29th Jul 2003:
But their sex life must have been boring (unless he did a lot to make up for his lack of "brains".)

Are you kidding? He couldn't even take his underwear off, let alone utilise their contents.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:02 pm

Like most children's toys, they were both bereft of genitilia - now that really *must* be sexually frustrating.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby benedict on Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:24 pm

surprised that no ones made the obvious joke as to what toy they'd liked to have been.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
benedict

Re:

Postby Anon. on Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:25 pm

Did you say bereft of genitalia, or of gentility? Both, I suppose.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:58 am

[s]Sarah wrote on 12:03, 29th Jul 2003:
I would have wanted to be either Rainbow Brite or She-Ra as they had nice horses. I can even remember She-Ra's horse's name - Spirit. Sad innit.

And Rainbow Brite's horse was Starlight.

Sigh, I remember the days when I would cut mangled star shapes out of colored construction paper and toss them about, pretending to be Rainbow Brite...But don't tell anyone.
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:03 am

I'd be that big blue monster toy, the one with the orange handcuffs which could be pulled apart, I'd be set for life just pulling those apart all day, but maybe thats because I'm a weak sod!
Paranoid

I was just thinking

Postby Bonnie on Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:48 pm

If Barbie ever got a bad haircut, she could never let it just grow out-- so maybe Barbie's life isn't perfect afterall.

[hr]I love cheese.
Bonnie

Return to The Sinner's Main Board