Home

TheSinner.net

Let the American bashing commence

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Buzzboy on Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:06 pm

[s]iohannes wrote on 12:11, 17th Dec 2003:

In case we forget: 9th September 1973, the CIA backed military junta overthrew the democratically elected government of Salvadore Allende. Henry Kissinger quoted as saying "I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people." A government that had done nothing to remove voter's rights. Pinochet responsible for the deaths and "disappearance" of thousands. Go USA! Go USA!

Respect. America is responsible for one of the greatest monsters ever to live. In my opinion Henry Kissinger makes Adof Hitler look like a pussy cat.

[hr]
On the Seventh Day God said to Adam:

"Can I leave it with you?"

Buzzboy

Supporting Troops

Postby Mandi on Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:29 am

"You can support the troops and not support their actions."

I totally agree! Okay, this is how it works. Most troops join the Armed Forces because they offer free college tuition for 2-4 years. The catch is they have to serve in one of the Armed Forces for x amount of years. Usually kids think it is safe because how often do we go to war?! Well, now we are at war in Iraq and they are screwed! They have pretty much sold their soul, so to speak. They have to do their "time" and get it over with. That is why I agree with supporting the troops because they probably don't want to be in Iraq any more than I want to, but sh*t happens!
(P.S. I am an American and a while ago I WAS thinking of joining the Army. That is why I know this,just for your refrence.)
Mandi

Re:

Postby Buzzboy on Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:35 am

Shame the British system doesn't work like that. Most foot soldiers join the army to escape social depravation - lovely.

[hr]On the Seventh Day God said to Adam:

Buzzboy

Re:

Postby Sleigh on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:40 pm

[s]Buzzboy wrote on 10:35, 18th Dec 2003:
Shame the British system doesn't work like that. Most foot soldiers join the army to escape social depravation - lovely.

I thought the Armed Forces did offer schemes where they gave you money for university as long as you joined them for a few years after you graduate.
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
Sleigh

Re:

Postby Buzzboy on Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:05 pm

I thought the Armed Forces did offer schemes where they gave you money for university as long as you joined them for a few years after you graduate.

Yes but you wouldn't be a foot soldier then, you'd be an officer.

[hr]

Buzzboy

Re:

Postby Anon. on Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:23 pm

The infantry has officers too, you know. :P
Anon.

Re:

Postby Buzzboy on Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:46 pm

I didn't say infantry I said foot soldier (ie of non-comissioned rank).

[hr]On the Seventh Day God said to Adam:

Buzzboy

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board