Home

TheSinner.net

is St Andrews haunted?????????

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

is St Andrews haunted?????????

Postby abc123 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:41 am

I am coming next year to St Addy's but just told its a haunted town, and I have a fear of ghosts!!!!! Is St Andrews a haunted town or is that old gossip??
abc123

Re:

Postby James Baster on Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:20 am

Yes the entirety of the town is haunted by the ghosts of bad students. You see them sitting there in lectures, cursed to note every little word the lecturer says. While nursing a hangover. And they keep trying to persuade you to let them copy your notes; its very scary.
James Baster

Re:

Postby Colin on Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:34 pm

Anyone been on the ghost tour advertised outside the Tudor?
Colin

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:07 pm

[s]Colin wrote on 13:34, 13th Aug 2003:
Anyone been on the ghost tour advertised outside the Tudor?

There's a ghost tour?? Anyone know if it's any good? Got to find something to do to fill time this year!!

I know there's one in Edinburgh which is apparantly quite good.
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Antimp on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:23 pm

Of course it’s haunted. We have a few poltergeist knights who raid the kitchens and dump pie on you in the corridors.
Antimp

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:45 pm

[s]Unregisted User abc123 wrote on 15:08, 12th Aug 2003:
I am coming next year to St Addy's but just told its a haunted town, and I have a fear of ghosts!!!!! Is St Andrews a haunted town or is that old gossip??

i reckon that it's all gossip.

i know a few people who have "seen ghosts" and one of them was "one time when i had been working for hours and i was knackered i looked into the common room window and saw somebody, but when i opened the door there was nobody there. - it must have been a ghost!"

not - it must have been me being totally knackered and seeing things.

sometimes it can be a bit spooky though. when it's wintertime, the fogs comes in and it's dark - you can almost visualise the Ripper lurking on Hope Street.

[hr]
I have grown the soul of an enemy
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby highway_to_hell1982 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:11 pm

i have seen a few ghosts by the castle when sitting by the peer at night. a very dangerous place and time to be out but i usually go there to relax. anyway the first time i saw a ghost i was shitting a brick, but after awhile you get used to them.

there is a ghost in sallies as well, where the lectures are. dont go there in the middle of the night on your own..you will never be seen again
highway_to_hell1982

Re:

Postby Evil Knevil on Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:16 pm

If you believe in Ghosts and are scared of them, then don't bother coming to St-Andrews. Since a University education would be wasted on a dumb fuck.
Evil Knevil

Ghosts?

Postby Mac2 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:19 pm

No.
Mac2

Re:

Postby highway_to_hell1982 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:36 pm

[s]Evil Knevil wrote on 21:16, 13th Aug 2003:
If you believe in Ghosts and are scared of them, then don't bother coming to St-Andrews. Since a University education would be wasted on a dumb fuck.

geez..now i know what my friend meant by 'hammering' and 'rudeness' on the sinner. yikes!

i think the use 'dumb fuck' was a little too strong and unnecessary. heck you might have scared em away for saying that knevil! [joking of course]
highway_to_hell1982

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:42 pm

As it is being wasted on you? St-Andrews? At least the person posing the original question knows how to correctly spell the name of the university and city.

Incidentally, would they still be a "dumb fuck" if they believed in ghosts but were not scared of them? Or if they don't believe in ghosts but were still scared of them?

[hr]
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time".
Al

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:51 pm

When I die, I will come and haunt St. Andrews.

[hr]samus
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:58 pm

of course its haunted(or rumoured to be), its a town with old buildings.

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:00 am

Why was there any need for that? He/She was only asking a question. You may think its stupid but they are entitled to believe in whatever they like. I don't believe in Ghosts or God but I'm not going to tell people who believe in them that they are wrong or stupid. Everyone comes from different circumstances. Each to their own. People have or should have rights.
'Silly Rabbit....Trix are for Kids!'
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby mossop on Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:59 pm

St Addy's?! I like to think it's haunted!

[hr]
Mmmm Beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems....
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby Evil Knevil on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:14 pm

I'm sorry :(
I was just very bitter. Don't know why, it came over in a spasm.

Anyway, I don't believe in ghosts, but they say that the place where a famous heretic was burned(hanged?) outside the Quad is haunted. Theres gold-brick markers in the ground where he's supposed to have faced the end, if you avoid standing on it, you're supposed to do well in your degree.
Evil Knevil

Re:

Postby Greebo on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:24 pm

There's also initials on the street at the top of the steps down to the castle sands - some guy was hanged there...no doubt ghosties there too....
And the ghostie of some bint who lives in a tower along one of the walls round the cathedral (the one facing northish)

[hr]http://greebopichost.netfirms.com - Loadsa drunken photos and suchlikes.
Greebo

Re:

Postby Oli on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:59 pm

[s]Evil Knevil wrote on 00:14, 15th Aug 2003:
I'm sorry :(
I was just very bitter. Don't know why, it came over in a spasm.

Anyway, I don't believe in ghosts, but they say that the place where a famous heretic was burned(hanged?) outside the Quad is haunted. Theres gold-brick markers in the ground where he's supposed to have faced the end, if you avoid standing on it, you're supposed to do well in your degree.

Gold brick markers?

Errr... Have a look at:
"Is St Andrews haunted?" - www.thesinner.co.uk/article/153
Where not to walk - the PH Cobbles - www.thesinner.co.uk/article/164

I hope that helps.
Oli

Re:

Postby hmmm on Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:10 am

Crazy person...
hmmm

Re:

Postby hmmm on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:16 pm

[s]highway_to_hell1982 wrote on 21:36, 13th Aug 2003:
geez..now i know what my friend meant by 'hammering' and 'rudeness' on the sinner. yikes!

What, you mean like all those charming posts you used to make?
hmmm

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board