Home

TheSinner.net

if you had a daughter/son what name would you give her/him?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby cheimon on Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:45 am

eddie izzard! god i love that guy. thanks for making me smile, cain :-)
cheimon

Re:

Postby lilies on Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:57 am

some people still have moustaches like that in texas
lilies

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:59 pm

Don't people feel weird picking childrens names at this age?!

I mean, all in good time and all that. Plus I wouldn't want to make assumptions. And I would probably see what we felt like at the time and make damn sure that the name couldn't be turned against them somehow in the playground.
Pussycat

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:45 pm

well it's nice to think about. you might have to be careful of course. it might not be the best idea to settle on any name lest a future partner hates it or something. but it's nice to dream about i guess. thinking about what names to give i guess is like when you dream about what house you're going to get & where.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
benedict

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:34 pm

[s]Pussycat wrote on 17:59, 6th Sep 2003:
Don't people feel weird picking childrens names at this age?!

I mean, all in good time and all that. Plus I wouldn't want to make assumptions. And I would probably see what we felt like at the time and make damn sure that the name couldn't be turned against them somehow in the playground.

i know enough of my mates who are either engaged, married or expecting.

besides, its not too different from walking down the street, pointing at a car or one of the houses along from the golf course and saying "i want that one." you can always think about it.

this message has probably pushed my last one off the abbreviated board, but go back and read it. it deals with the very last point, and amused cheimon

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Zen on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:30 pm

For a girl: Boy
For a boy: Girl

Or at least that's one of my friends plans. I think my kids have to have meaningful names, or at least names that are as difficult to spell as my own( i had to suffer, why shouldn't they).......either that or i could just call them all Bob *shrugs*
Zen

names

Postby Guest on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:51 pm

Boys: Edgar, Lyman, Penuel, or Hezekiah
Girls: Zerviah ( not enough Zerviahs), Audrey, Phyllis

Re:

Postby FingerMouse on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:54 pm

Is it just my defective eye sight or does that Englebert Humperdink bloke have an etherial arse floating in front of his (overly ample) forhead?
FingerMouse

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board