Home

TheSinner.net

True Love never does run smooth!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

True Love never does run smooth!

Postby Aslan on Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:44 pm

Do you think you know if you've found the right person when you're our age and haven't been with anyone else before? Or is it better to experience other things?
Aslan

Re:

Postby mary on Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:02 am

it's always good to have experience, but if you don't go for it you'll never know. Personally i'd like to go for it.
mary

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:34 am

it can be hard to accept you're with THE one so early, but once you do, it's lovely. It may seem strange to find him/her so early, but if you're sure, you're sure!
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby Amanda on Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:08 am

you can definitely find the right person when you're 'our age' (presuming your age is my age :) ) - i've found mine.
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Raindance on Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:33 am

It really depends on how long you have been with your partner. Without being too obtrusive, what kinda time scale are we talking about?
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:38 am

It can be hard to tell if you're in love... Despite what the Matrix might tell you.

If it's your first big relationship you should give things time and take it slowly before making any assumptions - it can sometimes be easy to mistake love for other things.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Wong on Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:41 am

If anyone's going to The Matrix for love advice in the first place, it might be better to start all over again.

[hr]When you play with fire
You must anticipate some burns
Chasing for desire
It's just a different way to learn
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby S.P.I.G on Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:02 pm

I've found my right person as well :)
S.P.I.G

Re:

Postby Plette on Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:15 am

[s]Amanda wrote on 02:08, 1st Oct 2003:
you can definitely find the right person when you're 'our age' (presuming your age is my age :) ) - i've found mine.

I couldn't have put it more perfectly myself. I too have found the person I want to spend my life with, and I couldn't be happier :)

[hr]
Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Plette

Re:

Postby fool x 2 on Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:44 am

It may sound sily, but there is always more than one right person. The problem is finding them again and again etc. i would always be in favour of taking the risk.
fool x 2

Re:

Postby RaphX on Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:51 am

[s]Aslan wrote on 00:44, 1st Oct 2003:
Do you think you know if you've found the right person when you're our age and haven't been with anyone else before? Or is it better to experience other things?

I have been told that, because I'm so young, and that the relationship I'm in is my first, it can't possibly be the best thing.
That sort of "advice" tends to come from people who have been in and out of relationships, acquired bitter memories and thoughts, and don't realise that it's possible for other people around them to connect so well with someone, and to have such a perfect, lifelong relationship.

Just do what you think is right :)
RaphX

Re:

Postby mossop on Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:36 pm

I started going out with my now fiance when I was 16, and we got engaged when I was 17, so I reckon you might as well go for it. If it doesn't work, then fine, but if it does, then that's grand!

[hr]Mmmm Beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems....
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:23 pm

i guess you could make the point that you may not be as happy as you could be, and you wouldn't know it.

For example, my first long term relationship lasted roughtly a year and a third. After a year i was sure that she could be the right person. Eventually she broke up with me and i was very upset for a long time. Now looking back on it I'm scared that I could have stayed with her and possibly gone on forever...
When it's your first relationship the comfortable feeling and the niceness of having someone there can hide your true feelings.

I never realised that things weren't as good as they could be, and i never realised that she really wasn't the right person for me. And if I could be that blind I think other people can be too. It takes the breakup of a serious relationship for you to learn a lot of things about yourself and about what you need in a relationship.

On the other hand many people stay with their first partner and are really happy. I guess there isn't a correct answer

[hr]IMAGE:www.red-llama.com/avatars/eviltwinsaint.gif
[s]http://www.red-llama.com/eviltwin [rar!]......http://www.feedbacking.com
http://www.red-llama.com/eviltwin/photogallery.htm
[/s]
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:38 pm

In the final analysis - no one can know what is right for you and you have to have a first love sooner or later, if you can stay with them for the rest of your life that's good. If not, then you've learnt a lesson and hopefully you'll be older and wiser from the experience.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby pecsnyquartzrb on Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:11 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 17:38, 2nd Oct 2003:
If not, then you've learnt a lesson and hopefully you'll be older and wiser from the experience.

Is it possible to be younger from the experience? :D
pecsnyquartzrb

Re:

Postby heart-broken on Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:18 am

although sometimes you may seem uncertain about something, it's always good to try it and see what happens. regardless if he's the one or not, at least you'll know you gave it a try and there'll be no regrets.
heart-broken

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:53 am

Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 17:38, 2nd Oct 2003:
If not, then you've learnt a lesson and hopefully you'll be older and wiser from the experience.

Is it possible to be younger from the experience? :D

Only if the experience is with time travel.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby James Baster on Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:55 pm

That wouldn't make you younger, you would just be the same age but all the people who were normally the same age as you would suddenly be younger. This would make you feel very old and them very confused.
James Baster

Return to The Sinner's Main Board