Home

TheSinner.net

IKEA - Quality or Junk?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

IKEA - Quality or Junk?

Postby Ethan With on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:49 pm

Is IKEA all it's cracked up to be?

Is it an empire of quality furniture at low prices, or is it just a place where you can buy cheap candles, hidden between the overpriced sofas?
Ethan With

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:56 pm

I think it's great if you need to fill a house, but it's not the kind of stuff you wanna live with forever, it's filler furniture, great if you really need something but have no money.

[hr]"If you see a seven foot goose with trainers and a shotgun, avoid it!"
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Quank

Postby RaphX on Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:44 pm

It's good for simple pieces of furniture, like the occasional table or handy set of drawers.
RaphX

Re:

Postby liliputian on Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:33 pm

ikea is the root of all evil!!!i used to work there and they are the most incompetant company in the world and ive seen the real quality of the stuff so would advise everyone to never shop there again!!!!

[hr]smile - it makes people wonder what you've been up to!!!
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:56 am

They do cool rugs although my friend did buy a table from there and it broke when she sat on it. The moral of this story is therefore ambivalent in nature...

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:57 am

IKEA chairs don't break when you sit on them.
Tables are not designed for sitting on.

Therefore do not buy a table if you need something to sit on.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:09 am

Where is ikea?
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Kibet on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:24 am

[s]Yemminie wrote on 11:09, 14th Oct 2003:
Where is ikea?

theres one just off the edinburgh city nbypass
Kibet

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:34 am

So...not really near here?
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Kibet on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:40 am

[s]Yemminie wrote on 11:34, 14th Oct 2003:
So...not really near here?

it would be a day out and you would need a car.
however the Daim bar cake is divine

[hr]
chortles at using the word divine
Kibet

Re:

Postby Amanda on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:47 am

yem - we're going either this sunday coming or the sunday after, if you want to come along.

ikea's *fab*, such a funky shop. the market place is the best bit though.

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby liliputian on Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:42 pm

why do people want to go to ikea???its just total swedish crap that breaks so easily!so wot its cheap but why do people feel the need to travel such great distances to go???when working at the warrington store we'd have people coming from anglesey, the isle of mann and day trips from ireland!!!it was so so sad. the worst part of working at ikea was when people would tell you how they had broke the last bed they bought...sorry but just cuz i sold beds did not mean i wanted any details about peoples sex lives!and something about bed shopping used to get some customers really horney - the no. of times we found people in our stock cupboard!and once in one of the roomsets!i mean come on people its a shop!grrr but no that didnt seem to stop some people...but then again the staff could be just as bad - the lift used to "break" on a regular basis with the two same people in it!just cuz she was a 17yr old tart who was sleeping her way to the top, she got away with it!GRRR so glad to have left that shit hole!and they still owe me close to £400 in unpaid wages and tax!oo wait til i go bk at reading week....GRRR

liliputian

Re:

Postby Ethan With on Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:41 pm

Makes me wonder whether someone has issues with IKEA management rather than with the products themselves...
Ethan With

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:41 pm

[s]liliputian wrote on 13:42, 14th Oct 2003:
why do people want to go to ikea???its just total swedish crap that breaks so easily!so wot its cheap but why do people feel the need to travel such great distances to go???when working at the warrington store we'd have people coming from anglesey, the isle of mann and day trips from ireland!!!it was so so sad. the worst part of working at ikea was when people would tell you how they had broke the last bed they bought...sorry but just cuz i sold beds did not mean i wanted any details about peoples sex lives!and something about bed shopping used to get some customers really horney - the no. of times we found people in our stock cupboard!and once in one of the roomsets!i mean come on people its a shop!grrr but no that didnt seem to stop some people...but then again the staff could be just as bad - the lift used to "break" on a regular basis with the two same people in it!just cuz she was a 17yr old tart who was sleeping her way to the top, she got away with it!GRRR so glad to have left that shit hole!and they still owe me close to £400 in unpaid wages and tax!oo wait til i go bk at reading week....GRRR

[hr][i]smile
- it makes people wonder what you've been up to!!!
[/i]

You're from warrington too?? hehe (whereabouts?!)

Yep I've heard from ppl what working in the Ikea in warrington is like - i have to say it's mainly crap, but it does have the odd lil nice thing! I really don't like the way u have to travel thru the entire store just to get one thing (which is normally right by the checkout).
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Lindsay on Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:03 pm

The most evil thing about IKEA is the layout of the shops forcing you to walk through the entire thing to get to the checkouts. I guess the idea is that you might spot some other things you "Need"
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Suulsa-Krii/givingad.gif[/img]
Lindsay

Re:

Postby RaphX on Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:41 pm

[s]Lindsay wrote on 16:03, 14th Oct 2003:
The most evil thing about IKEA is the layout of the shops forcing you to walk through the entire thing to get to the checkouts. I guess the idea is that you might spot some other things you "Need"

That point didn't escape me either.
RaphX

Re:

Postby liliputian on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:31 pm

yeah i prob do hav a bigger problem with the management than the products but thats good enough reason for me not to shop there!!!

liliputian

Return to The Sinner's Main Board