Home

TheSinner.net

IBIZA FOAM PARTY

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

IBIZA FOAM PARTY

Postby foamparty on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:22 pm

IMAGE:www.st-and.ac.uk/~usacc/ibiza.jpg

who's coming??
foamparty

That's a rather personal question!

Postby me on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:42 pm

But hopefully I will if there's a swimwear competition! Yep count me in - can we bring rubber duck for the foam?
me

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:36 am

With Adam DJing, I don't know. Depends how much I have to drink, I suppose..
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby foamparty on Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:05 am

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 03:36, 23rd Oct 2003:

Adam??? Who's adam? Simon's the DJ we've asked. He's busy getting together all the cheesiest chunes around.. :-)
foamparty

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:36 pm

if you're calling it an ibiza foam party surely you have to play music associated with the island?? i.e. dance music. that was going to be my reason for going!
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby foamparty on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:07 pm

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 13:36, 23rd Oct 2003:
if you're calling it an ibiza foam party surely you have to play music associated with the island?? i.e. dance music. that was going to be my reason for going!

oh don't get me wrong! there's going to be lots of ibiza classics and dance music in general. But it's going to be stuff that everyone knows and loves.
foamparty

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:21 pm

good good
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:47 pm

Since when is Simon DJing?
Since when did people stop telling me what is going on?
And what happened to Adam?
This is my angry face.. wait till I catch up with you Mr Spiers!

[hr]
Misinformation is the best policy
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:55 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 03:36, 23rd Oct 2003:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dave. Not.

And, as I said in a text the other day, Ben didn't tell you that Charities got in contact and wanted to do an event. So they got someone else to DJ - Simon.

[hr]
It's hard to look you in the face when we are talking / So it helps to have a mirror in the room...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Kempy on Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:25 am

I'll be there, got my costume all planned out :):)
Kempy

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:35 am

While I think events for charity are great, why does the union persist in getting cheap manufactured rubbish in order to raise money. Surely a live band or genre themed(i.e 1977-punk, punk, punk or alternative eighties)night would be better? Remember how much money was spent on Judge Jules and hardly anyone went? Lessons should be learned-there are just not enough people in St Andrews who like repetitive manufactured dance music. People who likes that kind of thing go to unis in the cities. Me not liking dance music is entirely subjective but surely I have a point?
'Silly Rabbit....Trix are for Kids!'
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby Miss Maryland on Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:42 am

i might be going, but i might go to eidsoc's salsa club outing in edinburgh instead.

[hr]...and there was much rejoicing.
...and there was much rejoicing.
Miss Maryland

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:51 am

it's for charity, and there will be foam, 'nuff said.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby niall on Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:02 pm

[s]andrewdalgleish wrote on 12:51, 24th Oct 2003:
it's for charity

just the fact that its for charity, nuff said

i'm sure that there will be a collection bucket somewhere so you all should be able to donate something!
niall

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:31 pm

[s]niall wrote on 13:02, 24th Oct 2003:
i'm sure that there will be a collection bucket somewhere so you all should be able to donate something!

...And thus preventing the need to go to such an event. Just donate the money instead, and you won't have to put up with the music...

[hr]
It's hard to look you in the face when we are talking / So it helps to have a mirror in the room...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:11 pm

How much foam will there be - we all know that in previous years the amount of foam has disappointed many.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby cgam on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:22 pm

[s]SiouxieSioux wrote on 12:35, 24th Oct 2003:
While I think events for charity are great, why does the union persist in getting cheap manufactured rubbish in order to raise money.........

Hi SiouxieSioux. I'm sorry to hear that Ibiza Foam Parties aren't your idea of fun. I'd just like to raise a few points.

The Ibiza Foam Party is organised by the University Charities Campaign, all proceeds will go to help the Breast Cancer Campaign. Generally, we find that these are really popular nights and give people the opportunity to raise lots and lots of money for charity, whilst having a bloody good time.

However, it is only one event out of many this year. On the 4th November, Charities are also helping to organise a huge band night, in aid of Marrow, a student organisation tied to the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust.

Later on in the year we have an entire week of events in RagWeek.

We try as best we can to provide a variety of events which at the same time appeal to lots of people. But in the end there is a limit to the number of ideas that we can come up with. Why not come along to one of our meetings and give us some more ideas?? They are every monday at 7:30pm in the Union Committee room. Anyone is welcome to turn up and contribute.

Hope if you do decide to go on saturday, you have a great time.

Chris - Charities Vice Convenor
cgam

Re:

Postby cgam on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:30 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 14:11, 24th Oct 2003:
How much foam will there be - we all know that in previous years the amount of foam has disappointed many.

The company supplying the foam machine has promised lots and lots more foam.
cgam

Re:

Postby Science/Medicine Senate Rep on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:30 pm

Of course you could have fun at the Ibiza Foam Party, but others of us are going down to London to protest against ("Top up") Tuition Fees.
Science/Medicine Senate Rep

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:32 pm

Can you quantify the amount of foam in a meaningless measurement that I'll be able to nod my head at and sound knowing about? Possibly something pertaining to zoological or stationary based ones.
Prophet Tenebrae

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board