Home

TheSinner.net

Can anybody...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Can anybody...

Postby Bryn? on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:26 am

name the male first year rep of the union. has anyone ever talked to him? he seems to be mute?
Bryn?

Re:

Postby liliputian on Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:25 am

the male src rep is called Bryn Williams. he is very quiet but that shouldn't be held against him! the female src is rep is Louise Hallman (ME!!!) we can both be gotten hold of either through our normal email addresses (mine's leh10 though don't know if bryn would want me to give out his), or alternatively (and preferably for us) you can contact the pair of us at fresher@st-andrew.ac.uk.

[hr]smile - it makes people wonder what you've been up to!!!
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby JP Patches on Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:56 pm

Bryn and I have conversed on multiple occasions, and although he does not seem like one who would be prone to loud public orations, the powers of speech are very much under his control.
JP Patches

Re:

Postby Rex Mundi on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:41 pm

There are Male and Female reps? Whats their brief? Toilet allocation? I honestly can't think of anything else you'd need that kind of rep for (though I'm sure every tom, dick, and harry* here can and I shall soon be corrected :D)

(*Tomina, Dickina and Harriette so that I don't feel the wrath of the female rep for being sexist)
Rex Mundi

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:51 pm

[s]Rex Mundi wrote on 14:41, 7th Nov 2003:
There are Male and Female reps? Whats their brief?

They aren't reps for male or female first years. There are two first year reps, it is simply a coincidence that this year there is one male and one female. There have been years in which the first year reps have both been male and others when both have been female.
Simon Atkins

interesting

Postby bejant boy on Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:56 pm

Having met him, i have to say he's not very representative of the first year? Most of his hall think he's a bit well... odd.

were there no other candidates?
bejant boy

Re:

Postby mossop on Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:55 pm

Did you vote Bejant Boy? As hardly any students did...
You can't complain if you didn't vote!

[hr]http://www.geocities.com/stauwfc
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby liliputian on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:04 pm

no there werent any other candidates in the actual election, but then there was another candiate besides myself for co-option the following week. If you think there shouldve been someone else, then you couldve voted to reopen nominations. but as you probably didnt even vote in the elections you cant really complain about your representation.

[hr]smile - it makes people wonder what you've been up to!!!
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Bryn on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:09 pm

Hey, that would be me. My email is bw17 - but yeah it's probably best to go through fresher@st-and.ac.uk if you want to contact us (although I don't think I'm currently connected to that!).

Most people in the hall think I'm odd? Wow, I'm amazed they've noticed me at all.

I'm quite capable of talking to people - so do come up and introduce yourself next time you see me.

Maybe I'm not representative of all first years, but I'm running around like a mad person doing work on their behalf.

On this point, if you have any issues that you think are important, and you want Louise and me to raise to SRC, send us an email.

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:11 pm

Yeah, Bryn does speak - I met him at the Union last night. Nice chap.
Prophet Tenebrae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board