Home

TheSinner.net

Economics Society?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Economics Society?

Postby rr12 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:00 pm

Does anyone know what happened to it? Does it still exist or was it forced underground by hate filled students? Has it been replaced by the liberty club?

If anyone knows anything can they leave information here about it.

ie. a web address or email of someone in it.
rr12

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:20 pm

I think it became known as the Capital World Group - I joined it last year but after parting with my money for 4 yr membership I never heard anything from them again!!

So I don't really know who you could contact and whether it is still going! But it certainly existed at the freshers fayre last year!
harmless loony

Enlightenment

Postby David Bean on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:28 pm

As is my ilk in these circumstances, I've plled out my trusty little Societies' Directory, and come up with the following (Pg.4)

Capital World Group
Phone: 07986 686523
Email: ak3@...

Hope that helps.

[hr]"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Robbie on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:30 pm

[s]rr12 wrote on 16:00, 18th Jan 2004:
Does anyone know what happened to it? Does it still exist or was it forced underground by hate filled students? Has it been replaced by the liberty club?

If anyone knows anything can they leave information here about it.

ie. a web address or email of someone in it.

I think i know of a guy, Alex, who had something to do with it last year (was possibly even president).
email: ak53@st-andrews.ac.uk

...just did a bit of research, digging through some old emails, and came up with this:
'Capital World Group in St Andrews:
email: president@cwgroup.org.uk
Robbie

Re:

Postby rr12 on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:34 pm

Well if what loony said is anything to go by Alex King is probably living the high life in Mexico by now.

Thanks I will email it anyway.
rr12

Return to The Sinner's Main Board