Home

TheSinner.net

F*ck Labour

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

F*ck Labour

Postby Jonny_G on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:33 pm

See Subject
Jonny_G

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:38 pm

see signature

[hr]IMAGE:www.conservatives.com/siteimages/home/fp/fairdeal_students_0503_2.gif
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:16 pm

Is it just me who would rather that party political propaganda was not used in people's sigs, regardless of party?

(I'd object to it if it was Labour, Tories, or Monster Raving Loony Party.)

[hr][s]"When I was seven, I used to eat ants."

Dominic Monaghan, 'The Two Towers:Extended Edition' cast commentary

[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:27 pm

The toris are worse that the present government, surely?

[hr] £3000! that's more than that last hooker I hired!
IMAGE:www.img7.photobucket.com/albums/v21/macphista/rotk_press_dance.jpg
'Silly Rabbit....Trix are for Kids!'
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby mossop on Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:55 pm

They're all as bad as each other

[hr]http://www.geocities.com/stauwfc
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:07 pm

Why oh WHY? The government would rather fund prisoners and work shirkers than students who are going to make a positive contribution to society! Why not make prisoners, yep, convicted rapists and murderers pay their way through jail and raise funds that way, instead of FINING hardworking young people who want to make a difference and enjoy learning?

Every single BASTARD graduate MP who voted in favour of that motion had their uni education for free, yet the FUCKERS want us to pay. They should VANISH off the FACE of the EARTH

Anyone else think they're a load of bastards in westminster?
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:28 pm

Personally, I'd rather people kept their sigs SMALL!!! These giant images just make reading longer threads deeply irritating. If you can't get it down to a couple of lines, stop doing it.

And yes, they are a load of bastards. Especially the Scottish Labour MPs who voted for it. Tsk tsk. That said, maybe students could start wielding some of the political clout pensioners do if they actually bothered voting? But as you will see from our own dear St Andrews, they don't.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby KateBush on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:35 pm

Of course, if the Scottish parliament was independent as opposed to devolved, then that couldn't have happened. Not that I'm a nationalist or anything. But ARGHHHHHHHHHH! STUPID LABOUR ARSEHOLES!
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby mysterio on Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:01 pm

[s]LeopardSkinQueen wrote on 20:16, 27th Jan 2004:
Is it just me who would rather that party political propaganda was not used in people's sigs, regardless of party?

Apparently so. I certainly couldn't care less.

[s]exnihilo wrote on 21:28, 27th Jan 2004:
Personally, I'd rather people kept their sigs SMALL!!! These giant images just make reading longer threads deeply irritating. If you can't get it down to a couple of lines, stop doing it.

Couldn't agree more, Comedy's is just about the limit I think - the other huge sig on this thread should be done away with, it is highly annoying, surely there should be a size limit on any pics used?

[s]SiouxieSioux wrote on 20:27, 27th Jan 2004:
The toris are worse that the present government, surely?

No offense but what a dumb comment. That's like saying "oh but the government is better now than Labour were last time they were in charge". We don't know what the tories would be like because they haven't been at the top for a long while and they have a good amount of time left before the next election. Perhaps before people go off to vote next time they should do their own research and not listen to their main newspaper/friends/family. Now that really would do everyone the world of good. Form your own opinions don't just make a bland statement that no one else could probably do any better and stick to that.

Incidentally am I the only one who holds no allegiance to a certain party? Certainly if I was one of the rebels on this matter the argument "but you must stand by your party" would have been given short shrift. Why do people stand by their party if they change their principles to something you disagree with? Oh wait yes for power and their salary, my I'm glad we have these people representing our needs in the government. Personally I would rather the government changed frequently enough for no PM to get so power hungry for votes and so desperate to hang on to their crown that they stop listening to those they are supposed to be serving/representing.

A change is as good as a rest.
mysterio

Re:

Postby Haunted on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:30 pm

Yeah the tories have the great idea of saving education money by cutting the number of students going to uni, genius! Why didnt i or any other rational person think of that?

I also dont agree that prisoners should get more funding rather than that money going to education, but then if it was up to me we'd have capital punishment back to sort that and also prison crowding.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:52 am

[s]Jonny_G wrote on 19:33, 27th Jan 2004:
See Subject

No, fuck the government. Almost everybody I know in the Labour movement was against these top up fees. The person I know who has done the most to try and stop them going through is a member of the Labour Party.

I would however, like to suggest that all of those who live in seats where the member voted with the government on this, write to them and ask them why we should trust their promises in the next election manifesto.

This policy was wrong for a number of reasons, but let's not pretend it was a Labour policy- this is straight from the head of Anthony Adonis, a right-wing former member of the SDP who is very good at selling policies to TB, who stupidly "gets religion" when he's been persuaded something.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby The Bigot's Bigot on Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:07 pm

Not sure one can refer to such a senseless lump as a 'movement'. 'Movement' implies some sort of internal consistency and logic. Neither of which are to be found on the idealistc centre left (if that is where the Labour people locate themselves at the moment)
Who is John Galt?
The Bigot's Bigot

Re:

Postby Rex Mundi on Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:19 pm

[s]Pilmour Boy wrote on 00:52, 29th Jan 2004:
No, fuck the government. Almost everybody I know in the Labour movement was against these top up fees. The person I know who has done the most to try and stop them going through is a member of the Labour Party.

I would however, like to suggest that all of those who live in seats where the member voted with the government on this, write to them and ask them why we should trust their promises in the next election manifesto.

This policy was wrong for a number of reasons, but let's not pretend it was a Labour policy- this is straight from the head of Anthony Adonis, a right-wing former member of the SDP who is very good at selling policies to TB, who stupidly "gets religion" when he's been persuaded something.

Which is even worse isn't it? It makes the majority of Labour MPs hypocrits, liars and lacking in principles. 71 had the guts to stand up for what they believe in, 24 sat on the fence and the rest approved a crap piece of legislation, which won't een do what it's supposed to do because of the number of concessions the government had to make when armtwisting their own MPs.
Rex Mundi

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Oh, I totally agree with you. But a lot of politics isn't about principle, it's about power.
Pilmour Boy

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:00 am

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:17 pm

[s]ever_nocturnal wrote on 00:00, 31st Jan 2004:
Blair is a disgrace, in War & Peace, in Education, in Health.
In health? Do explain? From what I've been hearing, the health service has improved incredibly since '97.

Blunkett is a disgrace to our Policing and Jails
Hmm. I think it's more complicated than that. How many Home Secretaries get a standing ovation at the police conference?

REMOVE THE SCUM, I'm fed up of relying on all these god damn soppy little apathetic voters. You know what to do.

And replace them with the bloody tories?

Don't be silly. I have a lot of problems with the Labour Party at times, and even more with the Government, but with the system we have, the alternative is so dreadful I joined the Labour Party!
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:30 pm

I am the alternative, with the mighty Tories!
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:36 pm

Do you really want to have that conversation Dave?
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:03 pm

do you have anything different to do?
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Mr T needs work on Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:23 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 19:38, 27th Jan 2004:
see signature

[hr]IMAGE:www.conservatives.com/siteimages/home/fp/fairdeal_students_0503_2.gif

loser
Mr T needs work

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board