Home

TheSinner.net

Police doing random spot checks

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Police doing random spot checks

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Just saw police doing what looked like random spot checks of vehicles up by Gatty tonight - migh be an idea to make sure your cars cool everyone.
James Baster

who gives a toss????

Postby Anonymous on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

car users are a bunch of pollutors.
Anonymous

And

Postby pilot on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

so are internet users ...

For your information I carried out a short research over the summer and whilst doing it discovered that you are using roughly 1Kw energy per hour however small the computer you are using whenever you surf the internet. This includes phone line, switchers + server costs for connecting a computer averaged out across the users.
pilot

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Some people have to use cars...

But if we're going into the debate about pollution and environmental awareness, we should ask why Fife Council no longer recycles paper.
Thackary

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Stuff that, I think we should be asking why Britian doesn't have the recycling system as a whole that other countrys have - Switzerland & America for example. We should be recycleing a hell of a lot more than just paper . . . .
James Baster

Agreed

Postby Emma on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Is it just me or is it fuckin' impossible to recycle anything but glass and aluminium cans in St Andrews? I mean honestly, the university goes through SOOO much paper that it's really quite appalling...
Emma

Re:

You're right Emma. It's really difficult. The nearest place I've found to recycle paper was Perth. I was already there, and had the papers in my car.

Perhaps we should petition the university or something.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Rob Milsom on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Remember that if you can get over 250 signatures on a petition (or is it 100?) within 7 days, you can trigger a referendum on it...same as OneWorld are trying to do with the Burma situation.
[i]Is tresa tuath na tighearna
Rob Milsom

spot checks

Postby Clair A Cill on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I'm not having the police, or anyone else for that matter, checking my spots.
Clair A Cill

Re:

Badaboom.

How long did it take you before you realised you could use your fantastic new username?
Thackary

Re:

Postby anon on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

what...they don't recycle in burma?
anon

Here Here

Postby pilot on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I'm all for signing One World's petition and doing my bit to improve Burma's recycling facilities. Perhaps there could be a sponsor a bottle bank collection or something like that ...
pilot

Return to The Sinner's Main Board