Home

TheSinner.net

How to get guests into the union???

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

How to get guests into the union???

Postby 97hills on Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Could anyone out there tell me what are the rules for getting guests into the union?? It seeems nobody actually knows for sure!!

I know u have to sign people in before certain times and stuff but what are the rules for weekdays/weekends? How much is it? Can students from other Uni's get in for free?

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated
97hills

Re:

Postby RichZ on Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:57 pm

[s]97hills wrote on 13:47, 26th Feb 2004:
Could anyone out there tell me what are the rules for getting guests into the union?? It seeems nobody actually knows for sure!!

I know u have to sign people in before certain times and stuff but what are the rules for weekdays/weekends? How much is it? Can students from other Uni's get in for free?

Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Students from affiliated unis can get in (see sheet at porters box), other guests need to be signed in which can be done by porters / general office but only at certain times. See the part of the constitution to do with this (section 3):
http://www.yourunion.net/system/systemp ... ter_16.pdf

If you're signing in on a Friday it needs to be done before 4:45. I'm not positive about the times other than that, so I won't say in case I get them wrong. Will find out, or someone else will reply too.
RichZ

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:19 pm

You can sign guests in until half ten (i believe). On fridays, you can sign guests during the day until about 5/6pm, but they cant get in after 11pm, so make sure you get to the union before then. THat may be the case for saturdays too... yr best bet is to ask at the porter's desk. They charge you £1 per guest.

If they have a uni card for anywhere else, its likely that they will get in for free... theres a list next to the porters desk if you wanna check!
Setsuna

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:23 pm

if you want to have them signed in for a saturday night you have to have done it before 5 on the friday...
andrewdalgleish

Return to The Sinner's Main Board