Home

TheSinner.net

driving on a budget

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

driving on a budget

Postby Nature's Metropolis on Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:49 pm

Anyone have any recommendations for driving instructors? Particularly if they're good and especially if they're CHEAP! Have to pass test before my theory certificate expires and my parents wonder where the money they gave me for lessons has disappeared to...
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
Nature's Metropolis

Re:

Postby tintin on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:18 pm

[s]Nature's Metropolis wrote on 17:49, 1st Mar 2004:
Anyone have any recommendations for driving instructors? Particularly if they're good and especially if they're CHEAP! Have to pass test before my theory certificate expires and my parents wonder where the money they gave me for lessons has disappeared to...

See previous threads (can't remember how far back, though) - I recommended C 4 Syd as being the best and BSM in St. Andrews as, funnily enough the worst, surprising given their usually good reputation.
tintin

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:42 pm

The person I learned with is based outside St Andrews, but would probably travel here, and was REALLY good: I passed in under 5 months, and in that time the whole learning process was really easy: we drove mostly around St Andrews and then to Cupar. He came and picked me up outside my house (or from classes/school/work/anywhere), was really friendly, and would, whenever things got tense, or I was making silly mistakes, he would get me to 'practise pulling in and parking' and give me polos! He was also really organised, always gave me something to think about before the next lesson so it was like the learning process was continuous rather than an isolated hour a week. And also not too expensive.
His name was Paul Ambrose (you can probably google for the contact details) and I know that at least 2 of my close friends had a really easy time learning with him too. Good Luck!
Kizzy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board