Home

TheSinner.net

family guy

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

family guy

Postby bender on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:18 am

hurrah, a new series of family guy is now planned

who nows, if fox have backtracked on this one maybe we will get more futurama too!
bender

Re:

Postby Ashley on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:33 am

'Kin genius!!!!! I love it.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:41 am

Goes to show that the power of the consumers can overturn even the mass opinions of the right-wing complainers that I'm guessing got it cancelled in the first place. Fox probably sold twice as many Family Guy DVDs as they expected - especially over here, where it ended on TV before most people had even heard of it.

Family Guy does fly pretty close to the wind at times, but it does make fun of everyone equally so that's ok by me.

[hr]He's cute, he's cuddly, he sleeps 22 hours a day
IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:kD6MwnrIVS0J:www.lovecorner.it/peluches/koala.jpg
Koala Boy

Re:

Postby Haunted on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:07 am

My faith in mankind has been restored!
Unless of course this turns out to be lies in which case i'll be pushed over the edge of sanity
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby adam anthony on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:14 am

family guy is awesome. Just goes to show you, Americans always come up with the best! (to say the least)
adam anthony

Re:

Postby random on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:34 am

[s]Koala Boy wrote on 10:41, 26th Mar 2004:
Goes to show that the power of the consumers can overturn even the mass opinions of the right-wing complainers that I'm guessing got it cancelled in the first place.

IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:kD6MwnrIVS0J:www.lovecorner.it/peluches/koala.jpg

Hate to be a pedant, but I'm pretty sure that's not the reason why Family Guy was cancelled. AFAIK, it was cancelled because when it was initally aired, it was getting a solid audience. The reason for this was because it was getting aired at irregular times, thus it was difficult for it to develop a solid fan-base. Apparently the fixed schedule re-runs dramatically improved it's popularity.
random

Re:

Postby chittabeep on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:26 pm

Last edited by chittabeep on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chittabeep

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:03 pm

I think we've lost the chance for futurama to come back, it's been too long, like they say on the commentaries, everyone will be onto something else, with family guy they never got more work. no, but still i think it was always gonna happen, everyone kept unbusy.

[hr]roll roll roll roll roll
squishity squish
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby Magus on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:17 pm

I want more "God, the Devil and Bob"! At least give me DVDs!
When I would pray and think, I think and pray to several subjects.
Magus

Re:

Postby Quentinfetishwoman on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:18 pm

Family Gut rocks. Stewie is pure genius. Can we have more Futurama too?

[hr]'In parenthesis, one could discuss their individual feelings but they're clear enough, so let the pictures speak for themselves.'
"Horror by definition is the emotion of pure revulsion. Terror by the same standard is that of fearful anticipation"-Dario Argento
Quentinfetishwoman

proof

Postby bender on Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:57 pm

bender

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:09 pm

Family Guy is good - but I have to say that there are some episodes that do smack of almost direct Simpsons' plagarism...

Still good to see more of it on the way though - as to Futurama, I don't think Matt Groening ever really put his heart into it, it was just his "I'm not all about the Simpsons" show....

But yes, Family Guy was cancelled because the networks fucked around with its airtime as oppossed to any complaints. As with most American television, the ratings were all powerful.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Joesta on Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:02 pm

[s]adam anthony wrote on 11:14, 26th Mar 2004:
family guy is awesome. Just goes to show you, Americans always come up with the best! (to say the least)

... I don't think so. Plus family guy sucks, the Simpsons are evidently better. The only good things about familly guy are Stewie and Brian - the talking dog. Some episodes make you smile but it'll ever compete with lots of other genius cartoons out there.

[hr]
Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
Herbert Hoover (1874 - 1964)
Joesta

Re:

Postby Haunted on Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:21 pm

Quote "you know those germans, if you dont join the party they'll come get you"
What a line!
Better than the simpsons and i LOVE the simpsons
Haunted

Re:

Postby random on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:14 pm

[s]Joesta wrote on 22:02, 27th Mar 2004:
[s]adam anthony wrote on 11:14, 26th Mar 2004:[i]

... I don't think so. Plus family guy sucks, the Simpsons are evidently better. The only good things about familly guy are Stewie and Brian - the talking dog. Some episodes make you smile but it'll ever compete with lots of other genius cartoons out there.

[hr]
Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
Herbert Hoover (1874 - 1964)
[/i]

No way, no way, no way. Family guy roxors. And it roxors hard. I'm a big Simpsons fan and I still think it's better than the Simpsons. For pure bang-for-your buck laughs-out-loud, Family Guy beats the Simpsons hands down. IMHO. I'd put it on the same level as South Park, but in a sort of 'thinking humour' way. I'd find it difficult to choose between the two.
random

futurama

Postby brunswick on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:02 pm

i think if you look at matt groening quotes, he and david cohen spent around 12 hours a day working on futurama, when it was in production, as opposed to 0 on the simpsons, and this coupled with their tirades against fox when they put it into haitus in feb 2002 shows he did have his heart in the show.

basically it is better than the modern simpsons because matt groening was working on it, rather than a bunch of fox studio execs, nut suffered the same fate as family guy with irregular slots affecting viewing (the first 4 shows of season 3 were shown over a period of nearly 4 months)

it has actually beaten family guys viewing figures on the cartoon network adult swim, but matt has said he sees it most likely to be ressurrected as a trilogy of filmsrather than a series
brunswick

Re:

Postby The Famous Philosopher on Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:57 pm

I think that Family Guy is probably funnier than the Simpsons but, had the Simpsons never happened would Family Guy be around? I doubt it. It is more or less a complete rip off of the Simpsons, only differences are the baby can talk, and so can the dog. Other than that its a damn funny programme.

[hr]Never buy a midget with learning difficulties, It's not big and it's not clever
The Famous Philosopher

Movie

Postby Guest on Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:31 am

There ia also works on a Family Guy the movie. Where supposedly Stewie is going to deal with realizing he's gay.

Re:

Postby Haunted on Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:10 am

what? they cant do that his closetness is hilarious! Like the one where he dreams he's navy captain, genius. Although a feature length family guy might just work
Haunted

Re:

Postby tenacious e on Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:26 am

damn right /\!!

the US has given us the simpsons, futurama, west wing, sopranos, seinfeld, frasier, scrubs and the majority of good tv shows we get over here - it's great family guy is back.

Quagmire: hey Meg. 18 yet?
Meg: No.
Quagmire: Later.

[hr]
Josh: Everyone runnin round doing stuff, working. Me, I got nothing to do.
Donna: Yes
Josh: Like a writer on a movie set
Donna: You ever been on a movie set?
Josh: No, but I hear stories
Red: Makin' yourself some friends, Andy.
Andy Dufresne: I wouldn't say "friends". I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning.
- Shawshank Redemption
tenacious e

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board