Home

TheSinner.net

Which Mobile Phone Network has best coverage over St Andrews and is the cheapest

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Which Mobile Phone Network has best coverage over St Andrews and is the cheapest

Postby JR on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:20 am

I am finally taking the big leap into new technology and what to know which mobile phone package is best.

I am a bit confused with all the offers.
JR

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:10 am

I find it's most often not the packages you look for but what company all your friends/family are with. The vast majority of my friends (and all my close family) are with O2 (as am I, the coverage here is excellent) and this means i get cheaper calls. Also, if you're a texter rather than a caller then you'll want a deal with lots of cheap/free texts, vice versa for caller.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Robo on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:30 am

o2 by far has the best network coverage in st andrews. And in my opinion the best price too!!!

[hr]"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." --Bertrand Russell

"There's not a doubt in my mind." --George W. Bush
Robo

Re:

Postby niall on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:36 pm

02 has the best for a good reason, vodaphone isnt too bad, but i found orange to be quite crap in my first year.
niall

Re:

Postby iohannes on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:02 pm

andrewdalgleish's post is good advice. Network to Network calls cost much more than those to other phones within the same network. So ask your friends, family, etc. and use that to influence your decision. Many networks offer free minutes on some tariffs.

I have found mobile phone coverage in St. Andrews to be really excellent. Even Orange.
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
iohannes

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:00 pm

With orange it doesn't matter who you phone/where you phone them/when you phone them/what network they are on.
You get anytime minutes which are neutral to all the above (and anything else that usually matters)

You get great deals every now and then like this TRY thing, I get free pic messages all month and all I have to do is cancel the deal at the end of the month (or it rolls onto the paid version so many pic messages for a fiver or something)

The only time I've had no signal was in my New Hall rooms, which were both wrapped up in the middle of the building.

oh, and if you think you'll go for orange, get a friend with it to help sign you up, you'll get £75 pound of stuff to share between you (calls, deals, and i think cashback)

[hr]roll roll roll roll roll
squishity squish
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby Ethan With on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:00 pm

From personal experience, Orange offers the best customer service too.

In ten years, they've gone from being the newcomers to market leaders - they must be doing something right!

Go for Orange (unless your friends are with another provider)
Ethan With

Re:

Postby KateBush on Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:15 pm

I pay £15 a month for 600 minutes (offpeak) and 250 texts. I'm with vodafone and it's been fine.
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Joesta on Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:05 pm

O2 and Orange are the best choices.

[hr]
Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
Herbert Hoover (1874 - 1964)
Joesta

Re:

Postby camel club on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:41 am

I've had orange for years now. I think they're excellent. The coverage is really really good. The only places i know i cant get reception is in the byre theatre and in the cellar bar. I get reception even in the back of tescos :-)

They also let you choose any price plan from any network. So at the moment i'm on an O2 tariff even though i'm an orange customer. This is by far the best thing as you can choose from litterally hundreds and hundreds of tarrifs.

Also, i get to upgrade my phone every 9 months, they just gave me a brand new nokia 6600 along with a £50 *credit* to my account.

Also they make the best tv ads in the world. :-)
camel club

Return to The Sinner's Main Board